Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Costco Anywhere Card Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Costco Anywhere Card Approval

Congratulations Total80sKid!!  I got one just a couple of weeks ago, and thought I might be the only one stoked about being able to use it for concert presales!  Matter of fact, it's my goal to have every card that offers presales(I Havent checked in awhile which those are though).  

Great thread too.  From another post later on, I did a search about their automotive services.  I thought it meant a service center like Walmart(along with gas), but apparently Costco sells and services new and pre-owned vehicles.  I'm rather suddenly in the market for one, so maybe this all happened for a reason.  I never had a Costo membership until a couple of weeks ago when AMEX had me on hold for what seemed like forever.  I wonder if I could put at least a portion of the vehicle on the Citi Costo card?  Smiley Happy

Anyhow, congrats, and hopefully we will make good use of the presale codes!! (Where do you find them?)

Message 21 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@peghede wrote:

@ Total80sKid ,u got greedy with greedy bank.lol

Greedy bank?  Isnt that redundant?  lol

Message 22 of 39
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

@CaptainJ

I only see presale a when a particular artist goes on sale and I check all the info.

It's almost always a Citi presale
Message 23 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Total80sKid wrote:
@Anonymous

I only see presale a when a particular artist goes on sale and I check all the info.

It's almost always a Citi presale

Thanks for the info!  Ive been out of the loop awhile, semi bitter at what the concert indistry(and even music in general) has become.  I will check more often though, now.  I just saw on the Citi site that they do list some bigger acts that apparently have been up there awhile, and mention the first 6 digits as the password.

To balance my bitterness out, I wanted to say the first 6(8 digits) of my card were nice round numbers, and should be easier than average to memorize! Smiley Happy  I do try to remain grateful for even the small things.  Total80sKid, to paraphrase a friend from awhile back, "there are only so many summers left in out lives, it's time to (bleep)in' rock!".  

(I seriously learned about the Costo Auto program from a post in this thread too, so it could be a lifechanging thread being my current vehicle is having issues.  I still havent even been to Costo yet to pick up my membership, which I wouldnt have gotten if not for the card, which I wouldnt have gotten if not jerked around by AMEX...which goes to show how the butterfly effect from something frustraing can lead to something truly cool, aided by the help of your thread!  I wanted to express gratitude.  Man, I need to pay attention the next time you apply or even start a thread...you might be my good luck charm, or guardian angel, or something....I almost missed this thread!)

Message 24 of 39
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Total80sKid wrote:

Well I just read that Doctor of Credit link on Citi

Hoping first off they didn't do another HP but if they did, I'll give them a call once I get my denial letter and see if maybe they can take $1k from the Costco card or I dunno lol I just hate wasting HP's now.

at least one fell off today Smiley Tongue

I'm not positive, and hope someone else chimes in. But, I don't think funds can be reallocated between a Citi card and a Citi co-branded card (Costco).

And, I did read on here just today on another post that Citi does a HP to reallocate from one Citi card to another Citi card.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 25 of 39
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

@CaptainJ

I am glad I could help out any way I can Smiley Very Happy

@CreditInspired

Bummer. I'm very low income and the only things I get at Costco are pharmacy section stuff, bacon and Kerrygold Butter.

Though the $60 fee is still cheaper than it would be if I buy the pharmaceutical stuff elsewhere.

Maybe I'll get a Citi pre-approval one day.

Merrick is still the only card I have ever been pre-approved for.

Good thing I didn't just sit and wait I'd be stuck with my Crap1 and Credit1 cards Smiley Tongue
Message 26 of 39
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your new Costco Citicard approval.

The SL does give you something to look forward to when SP CLI cycle with Citi rolls around.

Message 27 of 39
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Thanks, @CreditMagic7

So is that how Citi works? Will give increases every 6 months? Don't need to request or anything?

First Citi card, so still trying to figure out its idiosyncrasies Smiley Happy
Message 28 of 39
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Update:

They pulled EX this time.

I applied and was denied back in April and they pulled EQ.
Message 29 of 39
VipreArmed
Contributor

@Total80sKid wrote:
Update:

They pulled EX this time.

I applied and was denied back in April and they pulled EQ.

Is this the norm?  I was researching to see who Citi Costco pulls and I've seen conflicting reports or does it matter where you are?  My girlfriend wants one and I've been helping her with her credit but wasn't sure what CRA they pulled.

Also does the Costco one come up under the prequalifying site?  Double Cash and Citi Advantage did for her for offers but not Costco.  

AMEX Blue Cash | Capital One Platinum | OverStock CC | Quiksilver | Walmart | VS Angel Card | 24k Student Loans |

Starting Scores: 4/1/2017 EQ: 623 TU: 644 EX: 661
10/30/2017 EQ: 641 TU: 681 EX: 695
Goal: 720 EQ-TU-EX

Gardening till April 2018!

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.