Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Costco Anywhere Card Approval

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi Costco Anywhere Card Approval

Dang nab it Kid, i turn my back for one second and your off playing in Citi's playgroundSmiley Wink

Superb Kid, im telling you, your spree is as Epic as they come. I agree with CC, Its a very respectable sl. Youll get your DC in no time. Youve done well diversifying your profile. Just remember to keep your CostCo  membership openSmiley Wink

Message 11 of 39
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Yea well I got too greedy and just applied for the DC.

Denied! Denied! Denied! lol

I called a backdoor # to recon and the guy tried but couldn't find the reason so told me I should call and try again when I get the letter.

Does citi not like back to back approvals?

I'd much rather have the D.C., but as I stated, thought the Costco one would be easier and I was right.

Oh well.

Hope I don't get two HP's, but I'm sure I will, but oh well.

I can see where people get addicted to applying.

I need to stop!
Message 12 of 39
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Total80sKid wrote:

I called a backdoor # to recon and the guy tried but couldn't find the reason so told me I should call and try again when I get the letter.

I'd much rather have the D.C., but as I stated, thought the Costco one would be easier and I was right.

Oh well.

I need to stop!

You have to wait 8 days before apping for another Citi card. It will be an instant denial otherwise. Only one card in a 8 day period allowed.

Message 13 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Total80sKid wrote:

Oh well.

I need to stop!

Bad move..  Need to read up on Citi approval guidelines such as they will only approve two applications after 8 days apart among other things.  Please give Citi time to get to know you prior to trying to get another card with them and just wasting HP's...  I would give it 6 months.. Just a FYI read up on citi application process on a good write-up here.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/12-things-everybody-should-know-about-citi-credit-cards/

Message 14 of 39
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Oh I did not know that!

thank you for the info Gmood1!

will it be another HP or no?

since it wasn't 8 days does the system just deny but not HP?

Message 15 of 39
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Thank you, CreditCuriosity!

so even though they won't approve before 8 days, it will still be an extra HP?

should I try recon after 8 days or just let it be?

Message 16 of 39
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Total80sKid wrote:

Oh I did not know that!

thank you for the info Gmood1!

will it be another HP or no?

since it wasn't 8 days does the system just deny but not HP?

Not sure my friend, hopefully they are like other lenders and the system will just ignore the request with no additional pull.

Congrats on getting in with Citi!

Message 17 of 39
peghede
Valued Contributor

@ Total80sKid ,u got greedy with greedy bank.lol

Message 18 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

No clue if they hit you with another HP or two.. My last citi approvals have always been double pulls with Eq/Exp..  System might of auto rejected it and didn't hit your credit or pulled one or two new HP's.. Only one way to find out is pull reports if that curious . If they did hit you after 8 days i would recon it otherwise if they didn't i certainly wouldn't call them and give them time to get to know you before asking for more credit from them.  Just my humble opinion

Message 19 of 39
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Well I just read that Doctor of Credit link on Citi

Hoping first off they didn't do another HP but if they did, I'll give them a call once I get my denial letter and see if maybe they can take $1k from the Costco card or I dunno lol I just hate wasting HP's now.

at least one fell off today Smiley Tongue

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.