Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi DC CLI

I was approved for the CITI DC about a month ago for 2,000. Upon activating my card I went online and asked for an increase and was denied.

Last night I got the itch to try again after reading a few posts of people getting approved for CLI during activiation. I didn't want to ask for too much so I put in for 6,000. Well today I log into my account and see that I was approved and that my limit was bumped to 6,000. Now I'm a bit bummed I didn't ask for 10,000 LOL Oh. Well I'm just glad it wasnt a denial! Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi DC CLI

Congrats.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for the CITI DC about a month ago for 2,000. Upon activating my card I went online and asked for an increase and was denied.

Last night I got the itch to try again after reading a few posts of people getting approved for CLI during activiation. I didn't want to ask for too much so I put in for 6,000. Well today I log into my account and see that I was approved and that my limit was bumped to 6,000. Now I'm a bit bummed I didn't ask for 10,000 LOL Oh. Well I'm just glad it wasnt a denial! Smiley Wink

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your Double Cash CLI! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been trying to get a cli since I opened my card in late june. It will only give me an option to sp not hp request. Is there something I migh be missing on the website regarding requesting an increase?

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure. I just went on the site and clicked the link for requesting a credit limit increase.

It asks for your info and you can request a specific amount $$$.

I put in for 6,000 and got the 24 hour notice. And my. Limit was increased the next morning.
Message 7 of 10
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Not sure. I just went on the site and clicked the link for requesting a credit limit increase.

It asks for your info and you can request a specific amount $$$.

I put in for 6,000 and got the 24 hour notice. And my. Limit was increased the next morning.

Okay, yes, from what I can gather around the forums, Citi very rarley grants credit line increases with a card under 6 months unless yes request them to do a hard pull.

When you made the request did it say that they would have to pull your credit report?

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 8 of 10
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

This is what I keep getting when requesting a credit line increase:

"It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision."

Would this have been the message you recieved?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. I didn't get anything about a hard pull or soft pull.

It just said it was under review and I would get my decision within 24hours.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.