AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi DC sp luv strikes FINALLY!

Thank you IrishSmiley Happy
Message 12 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe they like you now.  Always good to be moving up.  I didn't know of this 6 months rule before my first CLI.  I had both of my Citi cards for 2 years at $4,800 each.  Then got a CLI on both from $4,800 to $6,300.

6 months later they denied me additional CLIs.  I'm still happy because I only have one card below a $5,000 limit and that's my newest Chase FU at $4,500.

My payment posted on my Total Rewards Visa and with a zero balance I should have cancelled the card today.  It's very difficult getting rid of a card with a $5,250 limit attached to a Visa.  I think I'll sit on the deicion for a while.  The 4 month and one day is coming up in September on this card also.

Message 13 of 31
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, im slowly creeping up on the 5k club, finally dropped my $800 Sunglass hut card. With Disco and Citi pumping up the volume recently to 4k, just leaves my Penfed at $1500 and Chase Amazon at $1500. Cant imagine either of those rising. PF doesnt like my income and well Chase, i understand the limit you get is more often than not your limitSmiley Wink
Message 14 of 31
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, this one goes out to Gmood1 , h*ll hath no fury like an average joe scornedSmiley Wink

Citi Dc has been kind of the thorn in my side for quite awhile. Took me 9months from opening account with $1200 sl just to get the sp cli language on my account. Always try, no soup for me. Back in Feb, they felt some pity and tossed 600 at me auto , pushing me to $1800. Would try here and there but could never get them to biteSmiley Wink. Then recently, i noticed they took off my sp language and im like WHAT?. Tried anyway, asked 10k, but ended up getting a letter saying they wanted my Eq open . Lol!

Fast forward yesterday, my phone pings , its 6 months officially decided to give her one more try. Yup, still no sp language. What the heck if not, figured just sd in drawer or San Diego i dont care Smiley Wink, put in my request. Couple hours later got an email. Saw header figured just a denial anyway erased it . Decided to check my account last night and made my jaw drop. My limit wasnt quite right. Now reads $4,000 Smiley Happy. Citi decided to give me a $2200 sp increase as i havent seen or heard any hps. Thank you Citi for matching my DiscoSmiley Happy.

Also got 2 sp increases on my 2 Comenity cards for $750 each. From $5500 to $6250Smiley Happy. Looks like Chase Amazon and Penfed are now competing for lowest limitSmiley Wink

NO FEAR Gmood1Smiley Happy

DPs:
TU 737 EX 750 EQ ???
card open 18 months,

Congratulations Joe

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoop! Congrats AJC! 

Message 16 of 31
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks SJ and JustaSmiley Happy

Hoot hoot, hollaSmiley Wink
Message 17 of 31
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

This is why im happy i got my PenFed PowerCash card (2% too). Ill actually get good limits, even if it is a HP, Plus I get 2% back on everything with discover for about another 11 months. 

Message 18 of 31
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Super congrats! That's definitely inspiring. Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 31
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats, AJC!

So happy to see you getting some love Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.