cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond Preferred Approved

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Best credit card with 0% APR for 21 months?

From data here (and my own experience), BOA would likely be the largest starting line and quite possibly the most growable in terms of credit line.  Unfortunately, it does look like they changed the offer from 21 months to 15 months very recently.  (They discontinued the Better Balance Rewards and made the BankAmericard a direct competitor to Chase's Slate card with the 0% no fee balance transfer.)

If you really need the longer intro period, I would go with Citi.

ETA: And after I submit I see your approval.  Congrats!  Once you've paid off the purchase, it's a quick and easy secure message to do a product change to Double Cash if you'd prefer to have a simple 2% cash back card.

Message 11 of 33
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

That's a really nice starting limit for a Citi card.  Congrats!

Message 12 of 33
TheFate
Established Contributor

I know! I was surprised I got such a good SL after reading everyone elses complaints on the low limits. Guess my credit has really come a long way. When I first joined this site a few years ago I was at a 532 Fico score. I'm above 800 now because all of you awesome people! Love this site

Message 13 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Citi Diamond Preferred and Simplicity can always be product changed later to a Double Cash card.

Bank of America BankAmericard I believe also still has an 18 or 21 month 0% period, which can always be changed to a Cash Rewards or Travel Rewards after.

At 12 months, there would be options galore.  I think Chase tops out at 15 months.

Hey K-in-Boston!

I don't think the Simplicity can be PC'd to a Double Cash card. I don't think it can be PC'd to anything. I could be wrong so if anyone else has information please share it with us. Thanks!

Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheFate wrote:

Just applied for the CITI Preffered and got approved for 10k with 0% for 21 months!

Only problem is I tried calling the backdoor number and they said they couldn't expedite the shipping of the card

Congrats on your approval!!! Enjoy!!!Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA Preffered Cash Rewards gives 0 percent for 18 months and 1.5 percent cash back. 

Message 16 of 33
Benzman
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Citi Diamond Preferred and Simplicity can always be product changed later to a Double Cash card.

Bank of America BankAmericard I believe also still has an 18 or 21 month 0% period, which can always be changed to a Cash Rewards or Travel Rewards after.

At 12 months, there would be options galore.  I think Chase tops out at 15 months.

Hey K-in-Boston!

I don't think the Simplicity can be PC'd to a Double Cash card. I don't think it can be PC'd to anything. I could be wrong so if anyone else has information please share it with us. Thanks!

Agreed, the Simplicity CANNOT be PC'ed to anything else as it is a stand alone card.

Amex CM 10K | Amex ED 10K | Amex BCE 7.5K | 5/3RD SU2C 10K | 5/3RD SU2C 6.5K | Barclays Cash 6K | Barclay AARP 3.5K | Bread AMEX 9K | Citizens Cash 8K | Citizens Clear 2K | Citi® DP 11.3K | Citi® Simplicity 9.4K | Citi® TY 6.5K | Citi® DC 4K | Citi CuC 3.4K | Cap One QS 14.6K | Cap One WM MC 11K | Discover It 19.5K | Discover Miles 13.5K | BOA Cash 13.2K | BOA 7K | US Bank State Farm Visa 4K | US Bank AMEX 22.5K | US Bank Plat 16.5K | US Bank Cash 11.2K | FNBO Rewards 20K | FNBO Evergreen 11.3K | Huntington Voice 7,750K | Huntington Voice Rewards 8.7K | PF|CP Rewards 8.2K | PF|CP Gold 3.2K | PNC Cash 15K | PNC Core 15K | PNC Points 8K | Fidelity 15K | Wells Active 12K | Wells Reflect 10K | Target MC 12.5K | TD Cash 4.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Synch Premier MC 11.6K | Ebay MC 10K | Apple Card 5.5K | Deserve Digital 6K | Simon AMEX 6K | Chase Amazon 1.5K | F8 Scores 4/23 EX789; TU781; EQ792.
Message 17 of 33
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

My apologies if that is the case.  I know the Diamond Preferred absolutely can be PC to Double Cash; I thought the Simplicity was the same?

Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

My apologies if that is the case.  I know the Diamond Preferred absolutely can be PC to Double Cash; I thought the Simplicity was the same?

No apologies needed.Smiley Happy Based on information I've read here folks have had success PC'ing the DP to the DC. However, I don't think anyone has had success PC'ing their Simplicity card, yet. This could change tomorrow.

Anything dealing with credit, is always, ymmv...

Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would be prepared for the future so that you do not need to open a card just for a balance transfer. You just do a debt shuffle. Can be dangerous, but if you go in with a plan , it is better for your scores imo.  Move the interest accruing purchase from one card, to one with no bt fee, then back to that card with the bt offer.

Example would have been the merrill plus. spend 3k in 90 days get $500 free.  make your big purchase, bt it to cap1, then back to merrill 0% for 12 months.

At least boa and citi will give you recurrent bt offers later on so that is good.  The diamond preferred also has citi easy deals which arent available on the DC. 

Maybe try getting something with single digit fixed interest too. 

10k is great for a starting limit w citi.  If you dotn care about hps you could take a 2nd and probably get another 5-10k extra.

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.