Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Dividend CLI

tag
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Dividend CLI

@FloridaState12 wrote:

When you went to request the increase, a screen didn't show up saying you're qualified for XXX.XX without a credit pull? I was all set for a HP but I saw that and said sweet I'll just take that and save an inq!

no, in fact i knew that i wouldn't see it, and in fact did use the online function intentionally for a hard pull. now had that been the case, i would have gladly opted for the increase without a credit pull.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 11 of 18
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

Congrats!

thank you tinuvel. i was also hoping you would say "congra" hehehe... i like it when you say that. it is fitting for my post ;D

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 12 of 18
Kris1228
Regular Contributor

Nice!!! I just requested a CLI on my Citi World MC 2 days ago, went from 6300 to 8300 without a hard pull. 

FICO's - 3/14/14 TU 795 4/17/14 EQ:805 3/7/14 EX: 801

Baddies all Gone
Message 13 of 18
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Thats awesome, Congrats!

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 14 of 18
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

@FloridaState12 wrote:

Congrats!

Strange that you had such trouble getting a soft pull CLI. I just got CLI's for my Dividend and Forward with no pull. Only $800 on the Dividend and $700 on the Forward, but still. It was for free so I'll take it. 

When you went to request the increase, a screen didn't show up saying you're qualified for XXX.XX without a credit pull? I was all set for a HP but I saw that and said sweet I'll just take that and save an inq!

Congrats OP!

Everytime i go online to request a cli on my Forward when i go to the review screen it says I'm authorizing  Citibank to view my credit history (i'm guessing it means a hp) so i always decline. I assume you have to submit the request and if you are lucky it will counter but if not it results as a hp. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 15 of 18
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

@Kris1228 wrote:

Nice!!! I just requested a CLI on my Citi World MC 2 days ago, went from 6300 to 8300 without a hard pull. 

Congrats. If you don't mind me asking. Did you request it online or called? I always think it's going to be a hp when done online. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 16 of 18
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:

@FloridaState12 wrote:

Congrats!

Strange that you had such trouble getting a soft pull CLI. I just got CLI's for my Dividend and Forward with no pull. Only $800 on the Dividend and $700 on the Forward, but still. It was for free so I'll take it. 

Congrats OP!

Everytime i go online to request a cli on my Forward when i go to the review screen it says I'm authorizing  Citibank to view my credit history (i'm guessing it means a hp) so i always decline. I assume you have to submit the request and if you are lucky it will counter but if not it results as a hp. 

Exactly. It's presumed to be a hard pull unless you get lucky and they already have a pre-approved CLI for you. It kinda gives you a rush going in accepting that you just got pulled only to find out you're a lucky one and get a free CLI! Smiley LOL

There was an option to request more than the CLI they offered, but I assumed that would require a hard pull so I decided to keep my increase and have the HP's.

Photobucket
Message 17 of 18
Kris1228
Regular Contributor

It was online and I was prepared for a hard pull, once it said approved it also said it was approved without checking or pulling my credit file. I opened the card a little over a year ago with a pre approval letter and it was initially approved with 6300 limit. Hope this helps
FICO's - 3/14/14 TU 795 4/17/14 EQ:805 3/7/14 EX: 801

Baddies all Gone
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.