Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Double Cash Credit Limit INCREASE

tag
NY2014
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Double Cash Credit Limit INCREASE

Congrats on your approval and CLI 😜 I received an increase the same day I received my Card. 5k only requested 15k and approved 30 mins after.. I didn't want to push the limit lol
I believe they only SP you as well . With the same credit report within 30days
Again congrats
Fico Score 10/6 EQ 702,16 INQ,TU 740, 9,iNQ EX 705,21 INQ,13%UTIL-
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 31 of 71
creditFiend
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Amazing! I applied and was approved for this card today but only a $1500 limit....this definitely has me thinking about asking for an increase when I get the card. Congrats!

I was just approved for $1200 on the 16th.  SO MANY apps this year, my siggy can't keep up!  LOL

I came here looking for a solution on how to get an increase as well.  I have enough (6) HPs on EX, so I don't need any more, but I'm willing to take ONE more hit when my card comes. NO more apping until 2016, I promise this time!!    Hopefully, I'll get at least $10,000

Only got approved for $5,000 with Sallie Mae on the same evening.  So we'll see.  Report back with your results please!Cat Happy

Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 32 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my card today and requested an increase.......no dice. :-( I guess $1500 is better than nothing. I've had a TON of inquiries in the last couple of months though. Good luck.
Message 33 of 71
creditFiend
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I got my card today and requested an increase.......no dice. :-( I guess $1500 is better than nothing. I've had a TON of inquiries in the last couple of months though. Good luck.

Thanks for the update.  Sorry you didn't receive an increase.  Was it still a HP for you?

To stay out of the radar with my other new lenders, I may wait & see if I get an auto increase with a SP in six months.  EQ frozen 1st, now TU.  I was waiting to get my Citi card before freezing EX so I can request an increase upon activation, but I'm undecided now.  If I do it, I'll come back with an update when my card arrives.

Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
Message 34 of 71
FlawlessShineAutoSpa
Established Contributor

@NY2014 wrote:
Congrats on your approval and CLI 😜 I received an increase the same day I received my Card. 5k only requested 15k and approved 30 mins after.. I didn't want to push the limit lol
I believe they only SP you as well . With the same credit report within 30days
Again congrats

Congratulations for your increase! How did you request your CLI? Was it the luv button, chat online, or by phone?... Nice limit! Continue Success in Ghe World of Credit Cards!

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $2000 •• Cap1 Venture One $10K
Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard $1500 •• Chase Freedom Visa $3500
Cap 1 Quicksilver Visa $5000 •• Cap 1 Quicksilver Mastecard $2000
Syncrhrony $1500 •• Citi Double Cash $1700 •• Cap1 Spark Classic $2000
Credit One Visa $500

Message 35 of 71
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I KEEP posting this... Ask for $25k unless you already have credit limits in the $15-$20k range, then you should request $40k... THEY COUNTER if you ask for to much!

What if you plan to get 2 Citi cards, about 6+ months apart. Will a large limit on the first card preclude a large limit on the second? They aren't doing credit limit reallocations or consolidations at this time, right?

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 36 of 71
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi must be showing some holiday spirit Smiley Happy

OMG!!!!!!!!! should i asked for more ? lol    today i got my card and following this forum i went with my gult not knowing the results and never having anything this big! $3,700 then i requested $15,000 online (i was going to try $20,000 but following this forum it seem more realistically that $15k was just right for something under $5k.) IM SHOCK! especially since it has only been 3 hours since i requested it. THANK YOU MYFICO Smiley Happy

Excellent, congrats Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 71
WuXing5
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I KEEP posting this... Ask for $25k unless you already have credit limits in the $15-$20k range, then you should request $40k... THEY COUNTER if you ask for to much!

LOL, "nothing in excess"? Smiley Very Happy

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully. " - GWB
Message 38 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditfriend- it was a SP but if they don't approve the SP you can have them HP you if you want. Good luck!
Message 39 of 71
creditFiend
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Creditfiend- it was a SP but if they don't approve the SP you can have them HP you if you want. Good luck!

I received my card today.  No-go on a SP.  It states that my credit would be pulled for a CLI.  I am not willing to take any more HPs.  I have had WAY more than my share this year alone.  I will just wait on SP increases.  Thanks for following up on your status!!Cat Happy

Message 40 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.