Not applicable

Re: Citi Double Cash Credit Limit INCREASE

@baller4life wrote:

Awesome!!

wow got an

@baller4life wrote:

Awesome!!

email this morning. looks like they're going to be watching me how i use this 

We've increased the credit limit on your Citi® Double Cash MasterCard® account to $15,000

As you requested, we've increased your credit limit on your Citi® Double Cash MasterCard® account to $15,000 of which, $1,200 can be used for cash advances.

Keep your credit healthy

· Be sure to make at least the minimum payment due on your statement each month by the payment due date.

· Keep your balance under your credit limit.

· Notify us right away if your address or phone number changes so you don't miss any important communications. 

Thanks for the opportunity to serve you

We're working around the clock to create financial solutions and services that are simple and responsive. Feel free to contact us if you have suggestions or questions.

Message 21 of 71
lvallejox
Contributor

Congrats! I applied on Friday and got instant approval for $3700 also! Still waiting on my  card. How long did it take?

Message 22 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lvallejox wrote:

Congrats! I applied on Friday and got instant approval for $3700 also! Still waiting on my  card. How long did it take?

7 days (5 business days if you don't count saturday and sunday) Applied Monday November 17. 4 days later finally got the Approval Message via Email on Thursday November 21 following the welcome package on the same day via Mail.  Got the actual card in the mail yesteday Monday November 24. And i immediately registered it and requested a credit limit increase and 4 hours later got the approval message via Email. And the next day Tuesday November 25, (today) got a confirmation (notification) of my new limit via Email that looks like this...

We've increased the credit limit on your Citi® Double Cash MasterCard® account to $15,000

As you requested, we've increased your credit limit on your Citi® Double Cash MasterCard® account to $15,000 of which, $1,200 can be used for cash advances.

Keep your credit healthy

· Be sure to make at least the minimum payment due on your statement each month by the payment due date.

· Keep your balance under your credit limit.

· Notify us right away if your address or phone number changes so you don't miss any important communications. 

Thanks for the opportunity to serve you

We're working around the clock to create financial solutions and services that are simple and responsive. Feel free to contact us if you have suggestions or questions.

Message 23 of 71
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!! 

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 24 of 71
Involver
Valued Contributor

Congrats.  Im glad to see my advice on asking for CLIs on this card is still holding true.

Message 25 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 26 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Involver wrote:

Congrats.  Im glad to see my advice on asking for CLIs on this card is still holding true.

So yeah they've pulled Experian twice. Pulled for applying and a week later pulled it again for requesting a credit limit increase. But my score did not drop because i wsa able to raise my other cards $3,500 and made up the - 5 Chase slashed when i applied for the card.  

A new inquiry was added to your credit reportBased on Experian data
FICO® SCORE CHANGE
733 to  738

+ 5

so basically i got my points back after a 2nd hard pull with Citi. First inquiry dropped my score by 5 points  from 738 to 733 but the 2nd hard inquiry because of the credit limit increase on my Discover IT (soft pull) raised it back up 5 points making up Citi. So i can't  imagine what my score will be liked  next month when Citi ($15,000) updates my new limit if $3,500 just raised 5 points to my score. Smiley Surprised

I believe requesting such high limit can be crucial in making up your lost from when you've applied despite it also lowers your ultization as well which ALSO boosts your score across the board.  good thinking Smiley Happy
Message 27 of 71
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! on Citi CLI!!

Message 28 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazing! I applied and was approved for this card today but only a $1500 limit....this definitely has me thinking about asking for an increase when I get the card. Congrats!
Message 29 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 30 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.