Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Forward Visa upgraded to Visa Signature

tag
ksquared
Established Member

Citi Forward Visa upgraded to Visa Signature

I was just wondering what the difference is. Its been almost a year since i've had my Citi Foward  7500 CL they just send me a new card in the mail with a paper say congradulations you have been upgraded to a Visa Signature activate immediately.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Forward Visa upgraded to Visa Signature

You get a few more benefits, like concierge, and NPSL. You should get a packet with your new card that has a benefit guide.
Message 2 of 17
distantarray
Established Contributor

i didn't think they made Citi Foward signiture, I got my card few months ago but it's a Visa Platinum and my starting limit was $6,500 I wonder if I'll get a new card soon?

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 3 of 17
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Other posters have claimed they received a document in the document section of their online account before getting the new card. Check that. 

I just received my Forward card and I don't think I will be getting a signature as the CSRs had no clue what i was talking about. It appears to be reserved for longer term customers based on initial rumors on this forum. The Signature may just be a phased rollout - check some of the other topics on the boards. This is just one of probably 5 or more. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 4 of 17
McArthur
Regular Contributor

I have a friend in the Citi executive offices.  He assured me that all Forwards with an eligible CL will become Signatures.  They are handling this in stages.  Be patient.

Message 5 of 17
nyancat
Established Contributor

Glad to hear that, my Forward would get a lot more use if it was a Signature so I hope mine becomes one. If not, it's their loss

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 6 of 17
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@nyancat wrote:

Glad to hear that, my Forward would get a lot more use if it was a Signature so I hope mine becomes one. If not, it's their loss

Why would you use it a lot more? 

Just want to see if I am missing something: I tend to use a card based on reward eligibility for that transaction, and don't even notice if the card is a sig or no

Message 7 of 17
McArthur
Regular Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@nyancat wrote:

Why would you use it a lot more? 

Just want to see if I am missing something: I tend to use a card based on reward eligibility for that transaction, and don't even notice if the card is a sig or no

I am wondering the same.  I agree that Sig is cool, but all the cool in the world wouldn't make me use it more than another card with, say 5% cashback.  Maybe I am missing something.

Message 8 of 17
nyancat
Established Contributor

Amazon is a bookstore (4% back on Citi Forward with shop with points on Amazon). Amazon sells electronics. Thus, electronics bought on Amazon get a whopping 4% cashback. But I'd rather use my Capital One Cash Rewards Visa Signature (1.5% cashback) or even my Costco TrueEarnings American Express (1% cashback) and gain 90 days free breakage warranty (I'll use the Amex due to easier claims if I think damage is very likely like a cell phone). 2.5-3% is a cheap price to pay for 90 days of accidental damage insurance and a better extended warranty program.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 9 of 17
slippy84
Contributor

@nyancat wrote:

Amazon is a bookstore (4% back on Citi Forward with shop with points on Amazon). Amazon sells electronics. Thus, electronics bought on Amazon get a whopping 4% cashback. But I'd rather use my Capital One Cash Rewards Visa Signature (1.5% cashback) or even my Costco TrueEarnings American Express (1% cashback) and gain 90 days free breakage warranty (I'll use the Amex due to easier claims if I think damage is very likely like a cell phone). 2.5-3% is a cheap price to pay for 90 days of accidental damage insurance and a better extended warranty program.

What are the differences? Here's what the stock Forward (non-Siggy) gives you:

Extended Warranty

The terms of the original manufacturers' U.S. warranties (three year or less) may be extended up to one additional year on most items purchased on your card.

Retail Purchase Protection

Most items purchased with your Citi Card are eligible for protection against theft, fire or accidental breakage of up to $500 for up to 90 days from the date of purchase.

US Bank Cash+ -- Chase Freedom -- Citi Dividend -- Citi Double Cash -- AMEX BCE -- Discover It
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.