Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Hilton Application - Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Hilton Application - Update: Approved

Thanks for the your advice in advanced.

I applied for the Citibank Hilton card (with annual fee) last Wednesday and got the below message afterwards:

"We have received your application and further processing is required. We will contact you within a week regarding our decision. If approved, be sure to visit citicards.com to register and manage your account online."

The next time I received the below email but the two agents I spoke with told me it is still pending and it was a system glitch that got the email sent.

"In order to continue processing your application we need some additional information. Please call us at 1-800-320-1537 ... "

On Friday I checked the status of the application on the website it gave me the message

"You request cannot be completed at this time. Please call 888-201-4523 for assistance."

Called again and same message - pending. The person I talked to (unsure if the person is a credit analyst) told me that the application is currently being process in a "back team" that has no direct phone number.

My credit score is 780 according to Amex free fico score. Experian was pulled. EQ/TU was untouched.

I pulled my credit report the next day I found out I only have one inquiry in the last 12 months (which was the one pulled by Citi) and the utilization is 2-3%. Nothing negative.

At this point, I'm somewhat confused. Does someone have a similar experience? Am I denied? Lol

P.S. I was a forum member (without subscription) a year or two ago, but I forgot which email I used to register as well as my username, thus making a new account. Nice to see you guys again. Thanks.

Mod note:  I've updated your thread subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change if you would like. --UncleB

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Hilton Application - Pending

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the your advice in advanced.

I applied for the Citibank Hilton card (with annual fee) last Wednesday and got the below message afterwards:

"We have received your application and further processing is required. We will contact you within a week regarding our decision. If approved, be sure to visit citicards.com to register and manage your account online."

The next time I received the below email but the two agents I spoke with told me it is still pending and it was a system glitch that got the email sent.

"In order to continue processing your application we need some additional information. Please call us at 1-800-320-1537 ... "

On Friday I checked the status of the application on the website it gave me the message

"You request cannot be completed at this time. Please call 888-201-4523 for assistance."

Called again and same message - pending. The person I talked to (unsure if the person is a credit analyst) told me that the application is currently being process in a "back team" that has no direct phone number.

My credit score is 780 according to Amex free fico score. Experian was pulled. EQ/TU was untouched.

I pulled my credit report the next day I found out I only have one inquiry in the last 12 months (which was the one pulled by Citi) and the utilization is 2-3%. Nothing negative.

At this point, I'm somewhat confused. Does someone have a similar experience? Am I denied? Lol

P.S. I was a forum member (without subscription) a year or two ago, but I forgot which email I used to register as well as my username, thus making a new account. Nice to see you guys again. Thanks.

Update: Got two missed calls today from Citi, called back and was told the application was approved however the credit limit had to be set by his department. After being put on hold for a minute or two, I was told the CL = same credit limit of my DoubleCash card. Also I was offered to move credit line from another card to increase the CL but I declined.

Sigh

Message 2 of 10
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Nice Congrats. 

Message 3 of 10
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

Datapoints?
Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Saleen099 wrote:

Nice Congrats. 

Thanks.

Knowing Citi, it'll probably take forever for the card to come ...

Message 5 of 10
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

Nice Congrats. 

Thanks.

As long as it gets there in the next 7 months because the Citi Hilton card is going away Jan. 2018.  I just got my Citi Hilton card last month so I am majorly bummed.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SpecFile wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

Nice Congrats. 

Thanks.

As long as it gets there in the next 7 months because the Citi Hilton card is going away Jan. 2018.  I just got my Citi Hilton card last month so I am majorly bummed.

Oh I didn't know so out of loop lol

What happens to the current card holders then after it "go away"?

Message 7 of 10
Berk
Established Contributor

Citi will move you to another card and let you know which one:

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/06/hilton-drops-citi/

Message 8 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Citi Hilton Application - Update: Approved

Congrats on the approval!

My own Citi approval was quite convoluted as well... I went through a very similar situation to what you describe; in my case it took nearly three weeks from app to approval (then another week or so for the card to arrive).  In the end it was worth the trouble, though.

Again, good job!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Hilton Application - Update: Approved

@UncleB wrote:

Congrats on the approval!

My own Citi approval was quite convoluted as well... I went through a very similar situation to what you describe; in my case it took nearly three weeks from app to approval (then another week or so for the card to arrive).  In the end it was worth the trouble, though.

Again, good job!  Smiley Very Happy

Thanks guys.

Got my card today! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.