Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature

tag
Jamisonke
New Contributor

Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature

I was approved this morning for the Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature card with a starting limit of $17,500.  I have two other accounts with Citi - AAdvantage Executive ($10,800 limit) and Hilton Honors Reserve Visa ($14,000 limit).  Because there are never any SP CLI offers on either of the two accounts, I figured I had hit some internal lending limit with Citi.  It wasn't really a problem because the credit they had already extended me was more than sufficient.  Needless to say, I was stunned with the approval limit on the new card! 

I only applied for this card to get the 75,000 bonus HHonors points for a $2k spend in 3 months.  Now, though, it is my highest limit card, so I'm thinking I'll just keep it after I get the bonus points.  I look back to where I was in 2010 on my credit journey, when we short sold our home, and its surreal to think of how far we've come.  We own a home, lenders are (it seems) chomping at the bit to do business with us, and our credit scores are in the mid- to high-700s (between the two of us).

Oh!  I called in to Citi following the approval, and they reduced the APRs on my other two accounts by 2% each (from 15.54% to 13.54%).  I'll take it!

Today is starting off with a good vibe!

--------------------------------
Current FICO scores: EQ 762, EX 761, TU 773
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature

Wow! Great and Congrats!

Message 2 of 15
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 3 of 15
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you.  Thanks for sharing!👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your successes!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Message 6 of 15
jologan79
Frequent Contributor

What was your profile like when you started with citi... they wont show me any love.

NFCU Cashrewards $20,500 ~ NFCU LOC $15,000 ~ Chase Southwest $9,800 ~ Discover IT $500 ~ Hilton Honor Amex $1,000 ~ MILITARY STAR $6,900 ~ USAA Classic $500 ~ Macy's Store Card $3,200 ~ Mercury Visa $3,450 ~ Amazon Prime $2,200
Message 7 of 15
Jamisonke
New Contributor

When I first opened the other accounts, I was in the 650-670 range. I've gotten a couple of auto CLIs in the past, but this was the largest starting limit I've ever had. When I activated the card today, I also got them to drop the APRs on all accounts to 11.24%.
--------------------------------
Current FICO scores: EQ 762, EX 761, TU 773
Message 8 of 15
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thats a nice approval! Congrats to you!!
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice APR reduction.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.