Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Simplicity gave me initiated cli WITHOUT hp and only had card 3 weeks

tag
percy81
Frequent Contributor

Citi Simplicity gave me initiated cli WITHOUT hp and only had card 3 weeks

Hey everyone, I've just gotten the Citi card 3 weeks ago to do a couple balance transfers and unfortunately had to use 82% off my balance. I requested a cli online expecting a big fat no since I read on here they want you to wait 6 months or risk a hard pull. I did it anyway. I got a message that they will contact me shortly. This morning I went to check my account to look for the "no credit increase for you" message to see I went from 6k to 10k!!!!! I asked for 15k because I read they counter offer so I shot more the moon lol. 

Just maybr they're following suite with discover and their generous increases. Good luck to anyone that tries for an increase 😉

Current: TU 772 EQ 765 EX 760 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
RandomSpirit
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Simplicity gave me initiated cli WITHOUT hp and only had card 3 weeks

Nice Job. Way to go!

Message 2 of 31
taxi818
Super Contributor

Congrats. i hope youre right. i would be scanning my reports looking for hp. especially on EQ. citi is the king of the HP.

Message 3 of 31
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@percy81 wrote:

Hey everyone, I've just gotten the Citi card 3 weeks ago to do a couple balance transfers and unfortunately had to use 82% off my balance. I requested a cli online expecting a big fat no since I read on here they want you to wait 6 months or risk a hard pull. I did it anyway. I got a message that they will contact me shortly. This morning I went to check my account to look for the "no credit increase for you" message to see I went from 6k to 10k!!!!! I asked for 15k because I read they counter offer so I shot more the moon lol. 

Just maybr they're following suite with discover and their generous increases. Good luck to anyone that tries for an increase 😉

Congrats on your increase! However, I think the idea that Citi is following Discover on CLIs is a bit of a stretch. They aren't going to alter their own policies just because Discover has been more generous towards some people.

Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good stuff !

Message 5 of 31
pip3man
Valued Contributor

You asked for $15k hmmm I never seen the option to request a specific amount for an increase with Citi CLI button. Usually it ask for annual and other income and that's it - at least for me. Maybe it's just the way my account is set up idk but I have the Prestige & AAdvantage Platinum... Nevertheless congrats on the increase, that's a nice bump right there!!!

Message 6 of 31
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I've never seen it either! I wouldn't mind taking an HP for a Citi CLI
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icyhot wrote:

It will only ask you if you are willing to take an HP for the request. The SP request does not give an option for entering an amount.

Message 8 of 31
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@icyhot wrote:

It will only ask you if you are willing to take an HP for the request. The SP request does not give an option for entering an amount.

^^^^ just doubled checked on my Premier and it does ask what you want, of course it also states that there will be a HP

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, HPs you can, SPs you can't.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.