Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 12 of 31
percy81
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Simplicity gave me initiated cli WITHOUT hp and only had card 3 weeks

It did not ask me if I wanted a hard pull. It is also not showing on my reports as an inquiry. It did ask me how much I wanted and they gave me partial credit limit increase for this reason.."we could only approve partial limit because of account being too new."
Current: TU 772 EQ 765 EX 760 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 13 of 31
percy81
Frequent Contributor

Believe me...I'm anal about hard pulls being on my report and I refuse to do hard pulls for a credit limit increase. I dissected that screen before asking and submitting. No mention of hard pull nor is showing on report.
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 14 of 31
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Wow. Citi is tough on CLI's. Congrats

Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@icyhot wrote:
I've never seen it either! I wouldn't mind taking an HP for a Citi CLI

It will only ask you if you are willing to take an HP for the request. The SP request does not give an option for entering an amount.

Yep, this caught me. I didn't read the screen carefully because I'd chatted and asked if using the link would be HP or SP and was told SP. But I've learned that once they ask for a requested amount, you're on the HP side. Definitely report back if that's not the case. These guys can change things at any time. 

ETA: Finished reading thread and saw OP's comments later. So either that's a change or maybe it's different being so new? 

In any case, congrats! 

Message 16 of 31
percy81
Frequent Contributor

@tortoise wins.

I'm guessing because I requested it within 30 days of having the card activated where they still had my most recent credit pull. I only activated it 3 weeks ago. That's what I believe happened. Or maybe they're being slow reporting my inquiry to the CRA. I definitely didn't see a HP warning. I even remember my husband laughing at me saying," why are you taking forever to submit?" Because I was dissecting for any HP warning.

To respond to other posters. Maybe this is only for citi simplicity and not for the preferred version or double cash. Lol we will never know what goes on inside these credit card companies head...always at the edge of our seats haha.

I will definitely update this thread if an inquiry so happens to sing my report. I read somewhere that some inquiries could take UPTO 30 days. I'm basing my experience with citi.. When I applied for their card originally, it was on my report the next morning when I got report.

Crossing fingers.

Again, I didn't get the warning. I will update. :-)
Goal 800+
Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@percy81 wrote:

Hey everyone, I've just gotten the Citi card 3 weeks ago to do a couple balance transfers and unfortunately had to use 82% off my balance. I requested a cli online expecting a big fat no since I read on here they want you to wait 6 months or risk a hard pull. I did it anyway. I got a message that they will contact me shortly. This morning I went to check my account to look for the "no credit increase for you" message to see I went from 6k to 10k!!!!! I asked for 15k because I read they counter offer so I shot more the moon lol. 

Just maybr they're following suite with discover and their generous increases. Good luck to anyone that tries for an increase 😉

Congrats on the increase! I am hoping they automatically increase my credit limit from $5,700 after I have had it for a year this August, otherwise I will request the cli of 3x my credit limit at my year anniversary with the card. Citi can either be a hp or sp correct?

Message 18 of 31
percy81
Frequent Contributor

Soysupana,

I've read and was told by a CSR that you can ask for a cli at your 6 month mark. Not too sure if it will be Hp or soft pull. Apparently YMMV when it comes to their cards. I hope you get the increase you're wanting. :-)

As for me, impatiently waiting for something to hit or not to hit my report. Tick. Toc.
Goal 800+
Message 19 of 31
JSS3
Valued Contributor

If they asked you how much you want, that's the hard pull screen. The hard pull should show up any day now. It took a couple days for me when I thought I was free and clear. 

It can't be that the hard pull is on file because it's new when they gave you a hard pull screen.

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.