Did you mean: 

Citi VS Discover CLI

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi VS Discover CLI

@Luscher wrote:
Citi gave me a big bump too with barely any usage, unlike discover

Dunno what's got in to Disco lately but they been very lackluster on CLI's when it comes to HP's. Citi recently (SP) online a CLI on their CDP card at the same exact limit the Disco card is been stuck at (1400), and just a mere week before approving a PC over to Double Cash.

Postings of these very same small limit Disco results the past month is been extremely useful. If this is the best they offer then IMO not worth wasting a perfectly good HP on them but better reserved for another lender.

Message 11 of 25
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats on CLI!

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DigitalArk wrote:

I bit the bullet today and took two HPs for Citi & Discover CLI. Citi bumped me up from $3300 to $12000 (which I requested. I should have asked for more), and Discover only gave me $500 increase from $8000 (total $8500). I called Discover for a review and they did not want to override it. Smiley Frustrated

Sounds like Discover.

On the Wife's card, we've been getting steady but small CLI's every 6mos since 1yr after opening it and when we called to ask about overriding the last CLI, they countered with $11,000 up from $10,500 when we asked for $16,000.

This after just making a $3,200 payment to clear a balance we'd been running for 3-4mos.

Message 13 of 25
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Thanks for sharing!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 14 of 25
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Discover CL

They are pretty conservative. Smiley Frustrated I wasted a HP to get only 500 increase! Smiley Mad

Message 15 of 25
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover CL

I would not say that. They raised me to $4000 from $750 on my first CLI request.

Message 16 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@DigitalArk wrote:

They are pretty conservative. Smiley Frustrated I wasted a HP to get only 500 increase! Smiley Mad

A lot depends on your CR profile, internal score with them and usage.   But, at least you got $500 versus nothing Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 25
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@uswala wrote:

I would not say that. They raised me to $4000 from $750 on my first CLI request.

Lucky you! Smiley Surprised

Message 18 of 25
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@DigitalArk wrote:

A lot depends on your CR profile, internal score with them and usage.   But, at least you got $500 versus nothing Smiley Very Happy

Haha...Smiley LOL

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@DigitalArk wrote:

That's right. They could have gotten bupkis.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.