Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi secured master card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi secured master card

Hi I'm new to this credit stuff and I'm trying to rebuild. I applied for the Citi secured card on January 18, 2017 and immediately got the further processing required email. On the next day I noticed the 200 dollar deposit had been taken from my bank account. On the 20th I called in to check my status since the website still said further processing needed..I was told the same thing by the customer rep. Today is January 23 2017 I called in again and this time the rep asked her supervisor to look over my app. I was then told my app had been recommended for approval a few days previous and the funds have cleared but they give it 4 business days to make sure everything is correct and stays the same and I should be getting something in the mail. My FICO is 508 with 6 collection accounts 7 hard inquiries all auto loan I just bought a vehicle. Total balance on all accounts 9k.. Will update once I know for a fact I got the card.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tiffjtiffj
Contributor

Re: Citi secured master card

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi I'm new to this credit stuff and I'm trying to rebuild. I applied for the Citi secured card on January 18, 2017 and immediately got the further processing required email. On the next day I noticed the 200 dollar deposit had been taken from my bank account. On the 20th I called in to check my status since the website still said further processing needed..I was told the same thing by the customer rep. Today is January 23 2017 I called in again and this time the rep asked her supervisor to look over my app. I was then told my app had been recommended for approval a few days previous and the funds have cleared but they give it 4 business days to make sure everything is correct and stays the same and I should be getting something in the mail. My FICO is 508 with 6 collection accounts 7 hard inquiries all auto loan I just bought a vehicle. Total balance on all accounts 9k.. Will update once I know for a fact I got the card.

I received this card back in November and can confirm it takes forever between the app and receving the card. Good Luck it'll turn out just fine.

Current EQ 634 TU08 670 EX 627
Garden: Take #25 (2017 - ouch)
2017 Goals: Citi Premier
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys I called the backdoor number from this forum today and the rep told me I should have the card by the beginning of February all they are waiting for is the deposit to clear but it was taken 5 days ago and had cleared my bank account so I'm hoping it's not going to be to long.. My second card ever my first is the open sky secured I got it yesterday.. New FICO is 508 as of today Lexington removed one collection I'm on my way
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tiffjtiffj wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I received this card back in November and can confirm it takes forever between the app and receving the card. Good Luck it'll turn out just fine.

+1 indeed.

Took mine some time too.. It is a nice colorful white and blue card. LOL

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update guys I got approved it took 7 days but I just got this email
Robert,

Congratulations, you've been approved!

We're delighted to let you know you've been approved for the Citi® card, with a credit limit of $200. Your account is considered open as of today, 01/26/17.

Your card should be arriving in 7-10 days in a plain white envelope. To start enjoying the many benefits of your card, activate it as soon as it arrives.

You can always find a full list of your card benefits here. Once you have your new card in hand, you'll be able to log in and experience the full site.

Thank you for choosing Citi for your financial needs!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Update guys I got approved it took 7 days but I just got this email
Robert,

Congratulations, you've been approved!

We're delighted to let you know you've been approved for the Citi® card, with a credit limit of $200. Your account is considered open as of today, 01/26/17.

Your card should be arriving in 7-10 days in a plain white envelope. To start enjoying the many benefits of your card, activate it as soon as it arrives.

You can always find a full list of your card benefits here. Once you have your new card in hand, you'll be able to log in and experience the full site.

Thank you for choosing Citi for your financial needs!

Happy for you!! Congrats on getting your foot inside the Citi door..

We got the same Credit Deposit too.. Good Luck!

I keep mine busy with my Netflix autopay and starbucks reload.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.