Scores being held down by tons of INQ/New acts Smiley Wink
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citizens Business Bank (Atira)

Congratulations woody and fltireguy!!
FICO 8: TU-787 EX-768 EQ-757 Total Credit Limit: $647,750
Super Contributor

Re: Citizens Business Bank (Atira)

Interesting (to me anyway) card offer.

Lines look to be measured closely with FICO Score? Of course many factors lead up to it too.

Wonder how they are as the account makes time if they offer CLI? APR Reductions etc.

Last App-Jan 26* It's All In The Magic Of Your Own Destiny * FICO TU 769 EQ 723 EX 777
Valued Contributor

Re: Citizens Business Bank (Atira) UPDATE! 9-18-17

woodyman100 wrote:

Update!

After receiving the card, I charged about $125 and paid the bill.

logged in to check my account and was locked out.

I called in and was told the account was frozen. I was 20 questioned about why I apped for a card at a California bank when I live in Texas.

Was told that I needed to wait until the A/R was completed.

A few days later I received a Voice Mail saying that for security reasons (Out of area) the account was closed.

I shredded the card and shrugged my shoulders.

4 days ago, I received a letter ; Congratulations! You're approved! $12,500 limit at 15.99 APR!

Original card was 18%.

I chuckled and shredded it.

Today I received another one, but this one also included a note apologizing for the 18% APR and stressing that the APR should have read 15.99%.

Both new letters reference the same July 28th App.

I think they are a bit unorganized there. Lol!

let's see if an actual card shows up!

Saw B335is's approval post and couldn't resist.

Applied last weekend and received the approval email today.
I will update the CL when I get the card.
Experian 732 with somewhere north of 3 million accounts and inquiries.
12njoy your upSmiley Wink!

Valued Member

I had the exact same experience with this card!  Was approved for 12.5K at 18%. Received the card, activated it with no problem and went to use it for a small purchase at the grocery store.  Declined.  Went online and tried to set up online banking to see what was happening with the card. No dice.  Called into their customer service line.  The lady I spoke with put me on hold for a few minutes, came back on the line and told me she couldn't help me and someone would call to let me know the status.  Haven't heard anything since.   I did the same thing....Shredded it and won't look back.

Established Member
0 Kudos

amazing! congratulations!

BOFA CASH REWARDS 7000; BOFA TRAVEL REWARDS 2600; TD BANK SECURED 600; CAPONE PLATINUM 300; CITIBANK SECURED 1000

7 MONTHS history. feb 2017
Super Contributor

woodyman100 wrote:

woodyman100 wrote:

Update!

After receiving the card, I charged about $125 and paid the bill.

logged in to check my account and was locked out.

I called in and was told the account was frozen. I was 20 questioned about why I apped for a card at a California bank when I live in Texas.

Was told that I needed to wait until the A/R was completed.

A few days later I received a Voice Mail saying that for security reasons (Out of area) the account was closed.

I shredded the card and shrugged my shoulders.

4 days ago, I received a letter ; Congratulations! You're approved! $12,500 limit at 15.99 APR!

Original card was 18%.

I chuckled and shredded it.

Today I received another one, but this one also included a note apologizing for the 18% APR and stressing that the APR should have read 15.99%.

Both new letters reference the same July 28th App.

I think they are a bit unorganized there. Lol!

let's see if an actual card shows up!

Saw B335is's approval post and couldn't resist.

Applied last weekend and received the approval email today.
I will update the CL when I get the card.
Experian 732 with somewhere north of 3 million accounts and inquiries.
12njoy your upSmiley Wink!

Yo! Hey woodyman100- Keep us updated on this ordeal with them.

Maybe you will actually get a card and it will work as expected for there on out.

Nice limit and cool of them to lower APR for you.

Last App-Jan 26* It's All In The Magic Of Your Own Destiny * FICO TU 769 EQ 723 EX 777
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I had the same issue. They closed my account. Showed up on my reports as closed by credit grantor. So, I figured I would wait until I get the AA notice from them.  On the AA notice, it states closed as per request by customer. I never requested this closure.

Obviously, something is wrong here. So, I felt bored this morning, and called CS, since I wasn't working and I have nothing else to do but harass people on the phone. LOL.

Called into their customer service, and I was told it's because I was not a customer of the bank. My reply was that nowhere on the application or on the disclosure does it say I have to be a customer of citizens business Bank. Discussed this with customer service for another five minutes to no avail,  and then got transferred to somebody else.

The person I got transferred to attempted to explain to me that they are not my capital one, and the cards are issued as a tie in with a bank that you would have an account with. I mentioned that nowhere on the application or on the disclosure does it state this.  He also asked why I applied with the California bank when I live in Florida. My reply was a friend deals with them....

I gave them three options. Either remove the account from all three credit bureau's, as well as the original inquiry. Or re-open the card (I said I would be ok with a PC to Atira's generic MC, pending the CRA's would still show the old account # and date, and there would not be a new account created). OR a CFPB complaint.

Sat on hold for another 10 minutes. The second rep came back on and agreed that I might have a valid point. Gave me two options. Either to remove the inquiry and associate account from my credit report, and leave the account closed, or product change to their generic MasterCard. I took the product change.   I really didn't feel like losing the 7500 in credit. 

So, if anybody else has had a weird issue with this card, they will product change you to another product, but you do have to bring up the fact that there is no disclosure that shows that you have to be a customer of citizens business Bank to have this card. That was the only reason they reopened it, was because they agreed I was correct,  and I don't think they wanted to deal with the CFPB asking questions About the account closure for no valid reason.

Chasex3/PenFedx3/NFCUx2/BofA/BMO/AMEX x5(4 revolvers +Platinum)/CapOnex2/DCU/Blispay/Cabelas/BBVA/BB&T/HSBC/Atira/Commerce Bank/State Farm Visa........I have them all. Except Barclays. They suck. And Sync. They suck worse! And Citi,, because I Have 9,000 Inq.
In the 520-530 range in 12/2015.... Currently EQ747/TU758/EX744
NFCU & PenFed are my best friends!!

In 3/2016 I had a $1800 fully secured CapOne QS. And that was it.. Current CL $221,000 (plus my auto and RV loans)
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

fltireguy wrote:

I had the same issue. They closed my account. Showed up on my reports as closed by credit grantor. So, I figured I would wait until I get the AA notice from them.  On the AA notice, it states closed as per request by customer. I never requested this closure.

Obviously, something is wrong here. So, I felt bored this morning, since I wasn't working and I have nothing else to do but harass people on the phone. LOL.

Called into their customer service, and I was told it's because I was not a customer of the bank. My reply was that nowhere on the application or on the disclosure does it say I have to be a customer of citizens business Bank. Discussed this with customer service for another five minutes to no avail,  and then got transferred to somebody else.

The person I got transferred to attempted to explain to me that they are not my capital one, and the cards are issued as a tie in with a bank that you would have an account with. I mentioned that nowhere on the application or on the disclosure does it state this.  He also asked why I applied with the California bank when I live in Florida. My reply was a friend deals with them....

I gave them three options. Either remove the account from all three credit bureau's, as well as the original inquiry. Or re-open the card (I said I would be ok with a PC to Atira's generic MC, pending the CRA's would still show the old account # and date, and there would not be a new account created). OR a CFPB complaint.

Sat on hold for another 10 minutes. The second rep came back on and agreed that I might have a valid point. Gave me two options. Either to remove the inquiry and associate account from my credit report, and leave the account closed, or product change to their generic MasterCard. I took the product change.   I really didn't feel like losing the 7500 in credit. 

So, if anybody else has had a weird issue with this card, they will product change you to another product, but you do have to bring up the fact that there is no disclosure that shows that you have to be a customer of citizens business Bank to have this card. That was the only reason they reopened it, was because they agreed I was correct,  and I don't think they wanted to deal with the CFPB asking questions About the account closure for no valid reason.

Noice Fltire, I had a similar situation happen with Santander bank earlier this year, I opted to close out and remove account from CBR instead of dealing with their absurd "customer service"

EX: 745 TU: 753 EQ: 720
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

It's amazing, the things they will do, when you call them out on something and they know they screwed up.

Chasex3/PenFedx3/NFCUx2/BofA/BMO/AMEX x5(4 revolvers +Platinum)/CapOnex2/DCU/Blispay/Cabelas/BBVA/BB&T/HSBC/Atira/Commerce Bank/State Farm Visa........I have them all. Except Barclays. They suck. And Sync. They suck worse! And Citi,, because I Have 9,000 Inq.
In the 520-530 range in 12/2015.... Currently EQ747/TU758/EX744
NFCU & PenFed are my best friends!!

In 3/2016 I had a $1800 fully secured CapOne QS. And that was it.. Current CL $221,000 (plus my auto and RV loans)

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.