cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed on a house today, came home and went on a spree..

tag
skigirl916
Established Contributor

Re: Closed on a house today, came home and went on a spree..

As a new homeowner, I'd hurry and apply for Lowe's Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 15
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Just thought that I would stop back with the results of the Citi Diamond Preferred recon that I did when I first started this post.

Citi had stated during the recon that I wouldn't find out the results of my requested credit line increase until I recieved the card and it would cost me another HP. They originally approved me for $5000 and I requested that it be raised to $15,000 on recon.

I received the card yesterday in the mail. The documents with the card stated my CL was $5000? Booo Citi.

I activated the card and setup my online account today. Lo and behold my CL online was listed at $8000!!! Yay Citi! I know it isn't even close to the $15K that I asked for but is much better than $5000.

It does pay to recon!

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on all your successes. Now you can just sit back and enjoy your new house and your new credit lines. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 15
jamie123
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on all your successes. Now you can just sit back and enjoy your new house and your new credit lines. Smiley Happy

Yeah, I will for sure!

I was kind of hesitant to app for the Citi Diamond in the first place. I mean it has a 0% APR until November of 2018. (What kind of starting CL would they hand out with a 21 month 0% APR?, I was thinking.) I'm very happy with the $8000 CL!

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jamie, congratulations on your new house. You and your DW definitely get pats on the back from me, that's some great spree-ing. And, nice Citi data points. I'm seriously considering trying one of their cards, sometime in the near future, still very much barely on the fence, but it's good to read your success at recon.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.