cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Bank Showing LOTS of love…HIT THAT BUTTON!

tag
needtodobetter
Frequent Contributor

Re: Comenity Bank Showing LOTS of love…HIT THAT BUTTON!

Okay - I was fueled by your post AND by the fact that I just placed a rather large VS order last night (lucky hubby ;-) ) and called in through the automated VS CLI.  I did not have any luck last week when I tried online and it resulted in a HP :/  My 6th stmt just cut last week....anyway.....

I got a $200 increase - I was so excited.  I did not try multiple CLI requests - I was scared - lol.  I took my one and am happy with it ...... for now ;-)  I will try again next month when my CR has a lot of my baddies cleaned up.....and then I am going to keep going until they make me stop - lol.

Congrats to the OP!!

05/01/15: EQ 519 TU 541 EX 506
10/28/15: EQ 637 TU 646 EX 622
First Goal Score: 600
Second Goal Score: 640
Message 11 of 21
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Big Shoutout for App_Addict Smiley Very Happy

Your late night post inspired me also and returned some amazing results i wasn't expecting Smiley Surprised

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Big Shoutout for App_Addict Smiley Very Happy

Your late night post inspired me also and returned some amazing results i wasn't expecting Smiley Surprised

Could it be late night magic?  Smiley Wink  Seems to work the best at that time!

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having issues with comenity.  I hit the request button on overstock and nothing happens.  I have tried several browsers thinking the pop up blocker was the issue.  I did hit  the request on my total rewards visa for the first time too. I got an alert for a hard pull from Experian but no increase. My scores are 50 pts higher than when I got my account.  Comenity doesn't seem to like me.  I ran $3k through TR last month. I am most upset because we are closing on a house an here comes a new inquiry to explain.  I have been extremely stingy with inquiries but comenity has zapped me twice since February.  Blah!

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am having issues with comenity.  I hit the request button on overstock and nothing happens.  I have tried several browsers thinking the pop up blocker was the issue.  I did hit  the request on my total rewards visa for the first time too. I got an alert for a hard pull from Experian but no increase. My scores are 50 pts higher than when I got my account.  Comenity doesn't seem to like me.  I ran $3k through TR last month. I am most upset because we are closing on a house an here comes a new inquiry to explain.  I have been extremely stingy with inquiries but comenity has zapped me twice since February.  Blah!

I would give them a second chance.  You never know.  I think Synchrony hates me but I will wait and see what happens.  I wouldn't do it if it's a hp.  

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have given overstock three payments and only one statement posted. Two increases: one just today, only 300. 2000 to 2500 to 2800.
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

double post from my phone today's increase was through my android phone not at a computer
Message 17 of 21
smitty1
New Contributor

Warning about Comenity- I noticed a few months ago, when I opened a few accounts via the SCT with Comenity, I would set up the account, then hit the LUV button to see if I could get a quick increase. While I was in the process of doing that I got an alert that a HP had occured by Comenity. I repeated that for 3 more accounts, same results. I guess if they don't get a HP with the SCT, they wait until you ask for an increase, at least via the LUV button, to get it. I don't use the LUV button anymore for Comenity accounts, except for Overstock, which I haven't noticed doing that.

Message 18 of 21
NP27
Established Contributor

I always get the message to call because they need more information.  Anyone know why?

Congrats!

Message 19 of 21
spike69
Frequent Contributor

J Crew- zero balance. Account is about one year old. Use it a little. Hit the button over and over- $350 limit is now $4,500.

Yikes

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.