Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity CLI's...Boy, did I screw up!!

tag
outofcredit
Established Contributor

Comenity CLI's...Boy, did I screw up!!

Hi everyone

Been following these forums for the last 2 years but this is my first post. Have read just about everything about the SCT trick and all the Comenity cards to be had via sp's. I even know about the new checkbox on the comenity card sites asking for permission to check your credit for cli's. So, why did I check each box to request my cli increases? Well, I thought "surely they jest, they aren't gonna really HP me for a paltry $400 increase."  Wrong! I asked for increases on my six comenity store cards and ended up with SIX new hard pulls on my Equifax report. I know, my fault, should've took heed to what I've read on here, always expect a hard pull and be thankful when it turns out to be a soft pull. Lesson learned! I guess I had a false sense of security because up until this month all my previous cli requests were granted with no hard pulls, but, that was before the "permission" button appeared. Hope this information helps others who might be contemplating requesting cli's on multiple comenity cards. The extra padding wasn't worth six hp's!

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
someg33k
Established Contributor

Re: Comenity CLI's...Boy, did I screw up!!

I saw the same checkbox when recently requesting a cli on a couple cards. However I did not check the box. Still got my cli, and no HP. Live and learn... Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 9
outofcredit
Established Contributor

I initially didn't check the box but got the big red 7-10 banner. Decided to try it again by checking the box and of course instantly got the increase. It happened so fast I thought they hadn't really did a hard pull. Next day, got alerts, six of them, that Comenity had requested a copy of my Equifax. Truly a lesson learned!

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently tried on get a CLI on one of my Comenity cards via the phone, was instantly denied. I received the denial letter today and the reason for denial was that they couldn't access my EQ report, it was frozen. I'm glad it was, because I didn't want a hard pull for a CLI.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checkboxes are always bad.

Always

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would never check the box, but can someone say for argument sake why all those pulls were not combined into one, assuming they were all done on the same day??  It would have been like a 1 or 6 deal yes?  I know many people purposely app and pull on the same creditor on the same day so that the inquiries are all combined.  ??

Message 6 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, thats Comenity for you, get $400 increases, hps for you. The people who get 20 straight increases in 5 minutes not a peep. I have 3 Comenity cards, 2 are on chopping block , 3rd is PPC which is going bye bye to Sync, so looks like 2018 will Comenity free AJCSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 9
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

4 hard pulls for 400$ each  serious?... i get 2k to 4k credit increase every 4 months on 2 of my comenity accounts sportsman visa and total rewards visa the 3rd account i have with them is buckle card which is at 5K and according to buckle customer service 5K on buckle card is something they don't see everyday don't know if its true but for you OP whats done is done now enjoy the new limits and holidays and forget the pulls not the end of the world Smiley Happy

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard pulls are not the end of the world. At least they were not denials 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.