Did you mean: 

Comenity Fuel Rewards Network CLI

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Comenity Fuel Rewards Network CLI

@chalupaman wrote:

Congrats!

I'm very happy for you. Is this card worth it in any way? I just joined FRN and sometimes when I'm at college go to one of those Shell gas stations. The gas down there is pretty expensive.

I got it and keep it around pretty much for util purposes only used it once, have better rewards cards than this one, I use the Barclays SM for gas & groceries pretty good deal 5% back on first 250 of groceries a month and 5% back on first 750 amazon purchases in a month. I may start using it here locally next year at a few restaurants that are in the system. Shell is one of the highest priced stations here at home so it was cheaper to goto lesser dealer than to use the reward networks discounts. They have a better bonus system now IMO so its worth another look.

Message 11 of 22
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Congrats!

I'm very happy for you. Is this card worth it in any way? I just joined FRN and sometimes when I'm at college go to one of those Shell gas stations. The gas down there is pretty expensive.

I got it and keep it around pretty much for util purposes only used it once, have better rewards cards than this one, I use the Barclays SM for gas & groceries pretty good deal 5% back on first 250 of groceries a month and 5% back on first 750 amazon purchases in a month. I may start using it here locally next year at a few restaurants that are in the system. Shell is one of the highest priced stations here at home so it was cheaper to goto lesser dealer than to use the reward networks discounts. They have a better bonus system now IMO so its worth another look.

I see. So mainly this card is good as a utilization buffer. I've never had any Comenity cards outside of their BML TLs so I wouldn't know how good they are with CLIs. I'm still trying to see if my Ebates card will be my first card to be over 5K.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 12 of 22
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@chalupaman wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Congrats!

I see. So mainly this card is good as a utilization buffer. I've never had any Comenity cards outside of their BML TLs so I wouldn't know how good they are with CLIs. I'm still trying to see if my Ebates card will be my first card to be over 5K.

Some store cards you can get CLIs pretty easily as attested to on these boards J-Crew is the most often reported with Comenitys bankcards its pretty much 9 months for the first CLI, will see if I can get another one in 6 months.

Message 13 of 22
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Both this card and the Total Rewards Visa have given easy CLI's every 3 months or so. I got Fuel Rewards with a $9k limit 1/14, and just got my 3rd CLI with it to take it to $15k. I got Total Rewards around same time (1/14) with $10.4k limit, and just got 3rd CLI to take it to $17.4k. These were SP requests online, with very little use of cards (maybe $150-200 every other month). 

Orbitz on the other hand, I have had since 4/14 and have used more heavily (a few hundred pre month, then PIF), and they have denied me for CLI's twice already. This card has a $9k limit. 

I haven't tried pushing the CLI button repeatedly as some have done, just request every 3-4 months.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 14 of 22
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@emptypockets wrote:

Both this card and the Total Rewards Visa have given easy CLI's every 3 months or so. I got Fuel Rewards with a $9k limit 1/14, and just got my 3rd CLI with it to take it to $15k. I got Total Rewards around same time (1/14) with $10.4k limit, and just got 3rd CLI to take it to $17.4k. These were SP requests online, with very little use of cards (maybe $150-200 every other month). 

Orbitz on the other hand, I have had since 4/14 and have used more heavily (a few hundred pre month, then PIF), and they have denied me for CLI's twice already. This card has a $9k limit. 

I haven't tried pushing the CLI button repeatedly as some have done, just request every 3-4 months.

Interesting, looks like they are loosening up a bit Ill put it on the list for 3 months instead of 6, thx Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done, gdale6 - congratulations. Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 22
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@emptypockets wrote:

Interesting, looks like they are loosening up a bit Ill put it on the list for 3 months instead of 6, thx Smiley Happy

Also did they do a HP on your report when you got it and which bureau did the pull from? 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 17 of 22
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@emptypockets wrote:

Also did they do a HP on your report when you got it and which bureau did the pull from? 

Yes, it was a HP for me, on EQ

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 18 of 22
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@chalupaman wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@emptypockets wrote:

HP on EQ for me as well.

Message 19 of 22
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@gdale6 wrote:

@Kenny wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Took the pliunge with the luv button, instant increase of 1K making the limit 6K, have only put one charge on it and paid it off before the statement cut since getting the card last January, pretty cool. Thanks for reading and have a fantastic day Smiley Happy

Congrats! I keep getting the preapproval for this one, but when I applied the other month it didn't approve and said I needed to call during that time I realized that I didn't need the card, but now I'm regretting not getting it, because I do use the FRN program. 

Have to love the CLI process for this card! Wish you the best! (And super glad to see you're back posting more. You were missed while you were gone. Was this a real absence or my perception? lol)

Thx, it was a real absence am out of town 4-5 months of the year and have sporadic access to the web at that time. As far as I know you can keep trying for the pre approval popup, its EQ that they look at. I see you made it to moderator while I was gone, grats Smiley Happy

Wow 4-5 months! Smiley Sad They are sending e-mails and actually a snail mail or two. lol Interesting, right? I'm gonna hold off. And thanks.. more work! Smiley Very Happy 

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.