cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity LOVES me?!?!? Or will I get in trouble?

tag
Gatito
Contributor

Comenity LOVES me?!?!? Or will I get in trouble?

2 months ago I had EXPRESS NEXT at $300 and J CREW at $300 . I applied for CLI and J Crew said NO! and Express next said ok $700. I was mad at J Crew but I let it go and I went to go shop at Express. Now, I decided I'll do it again because it was slow at work I tried Express first and they said OK $900 and then I tried again and they said NO WAY MAN! SO that's stuck at $900. I knew J Crew was going to say no but after a couple of repetitive screen on my browser it's not at $4300. SHould I be worried? Or be happy? Cat Surprised

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Comenity LOVES me?!?!? Or will I get in trouble?

Rejoice! and congratulations on the nice bump up!

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gatito wrote:

2 months ago I had EXPRESS NEXT at $300 and J CREW at $300 . I applied for CLI and J Crew said NO! and Express next said ok $700. I was mad at J Crew but I let it go and I went to go shop at Express. Now, I decided I'll do it again because it was slow at work I tried Express first and they said OK $900 and then I tried again and they said NO WAY MAN! SO that's stuck at $900. I knew J Crew was going to say no but after a couple of repetitive screen on my browser it's not at $4300. SHould I be worried? Or be happy? Cat Surprised

Be happy.  There have been some instances of Comenity closing down store accounts, but most closures have been related to VISA/MC.  I'm at $13k on two cards, and next week will be 31 days, so I'm not sure I will try for increases again, cause I would like to see if Pottery Barn will grow. They have a teen bed that I would like to get from my tweener, but I need my limit to double before I can purchase it. 

Message 3 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Just enjoy it. Congrats

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 12
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

What screen did you see?  I've only had the one CLI last month when I first received the card and that's been it

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 5 of 12
Gatito
Contributor

Just logging in to the regular website and going through their request limit increase button. Type in annual income and it just wouldnt stop LOL

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity and all other lenders love no one... Take caution they are great at AA'ing you when they feel your getting brave..

Congrats.
Message 7 of 12
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Gatito wrote:

Just logging in to the regular website and going through their request limit increase button. Type in annual income and it just wouldnt stop LOL

Lol. I tried this morning only got a bump of $200 no glitching for me. Oh well will try again next month.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 8 of 12
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

Mine was stuck at $250 for almost a year, and then I hit the credit line increase button enough times (one after the other, in a single day) to get up to $4250.

I was very nervous after this too ... I couldn't seem to stop hitting the button once the increases started coming.

That was several months ago, and I have a few Comenity accounts.  Almost all of them have seen increases in the meantime, and I've seen no adverse action at all.

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 9 of 12
Gatito
Contributor

I hope I get the same result. I prob won't do that again but I'll keep my jcrew for now ... Smiley Happy At $300 that's probably only enough to buy one shirt at a time there LOL!!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.