Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Monthly CLI RoboLady

tag
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Comenity CLI RoboLady

There are many threads on these forums that report Comenity locking and closing accounts due to "inquiries" and other exposure. IMO the best course of action is acquire usable limits as far as your monthly needs, pay in full every month due to Comenity very high APR rates, and don't seek out too much "available" credit limits from Comenity. 

I don't mean to take away from your success, just with Comenity you need to exercise some caution based on their current unspoken policies..

Message 11 of 166
peghede
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info m8,i guess I'll slow down with them if is not to late,got 6 new acc last 9 months with them and 45 Inq EQ,il wait 4 to 6 months before cli.

Message 12 of 166
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

This is very true , happened to a family member of mine , they closed alot her her accts for no good reason.
Message 13 of 166
peghede
Valued Contributor

It's Comenity Bank or Comenity Capital doing it? or Both?

Message 14 of 166
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Both , alot of her accounts thatnwere frozen and closed are the same ones you have listed, it started with her Visas being closed and went on to store cards from there . After all said and done they finally send a letter saying too many Inquires
Message 15 of 166
peghede
Valued Contributor

Wow,so they same like Synchrony(R.I.P)

Message 16 of 166
baller4life
Super Contributor

@peghede wrote:

Wow,so they same like Synchrony(R.I.P)

They were first with closing cards. Synchrony started their blue envelopes later.

Message 17 of 166
Anonymous
Not applicable

is there more success with the CLI over the phone? What is the number?

Message 18 of 166
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

It's not how you obtain a CLI, it's who knows what..... I had one open card with Comenity, never late, no high utility, paid in full every month, I think I let a statement cut with a balance a few times but never paid any interest. One day I asked for a APR reduction and they granted it to their lowest rate on that card - two days later they closed the account due to "inquiries" which is total horse S###.  

Comenity TW (2).JPG

Message 19 of 166
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Wow Pipeguy are you kidding me ? I don't think I will what to do any business with them at all now , I keep getting the Pop up for SCT but close out of it after hearing all the stories on here I haven't accepted any, plus thier interest rates are too high even though I don't carry a balance but if I wanted or needed to , it is too much . My fiancé has two of their accts he got them bf we knew about how they were freezing and closing accts .
Message 20 of 166
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.