Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Overstock big CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity Overstock big CLI

Hey everyone, I was shopping for a saw and although I didn't have enough available credit on my overstock card I decided to see if it would let me and raise my limit since I've read others have had some success with that. My limit was $250 and they bumped me all the way up to $1500! The purchase was only taking my balance to $400 so I don't know how they came up with it but I'll take it.

Some background, I've had the account just over 6 months and usually keep a balance less than $50 at statement cut. My scores across the board are high 500s.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Comenity Overstock big CLI

Congrats I have been at my 250 SL but have only had the card for 5 mths I was actually about to close it out but I may wait and see if I get a CLI after 6mthd
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Overstock will give you a CLI every 31 days if you ask them for it. Sometimes you may mix up the days, so if it says no,wait 1-2 days and ask again. I get one every month Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLI. Can you give a little more detail on how the checkout process went, or did you ask for cli before checkout while it was in your cart?

I'm asking because I did the same thing with Comenity with my HSN card. I had about $650 available and they let me buy a mattress for $1300 on flexpay 6 payment a little over $200 a month. However, they never raised my limit to the order total. My original limit is $750 and currently still is.
Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I am planning on paying more than that each month or it will obviously go over limit and I don't even want to get on Comenity radars!
Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Rod, thanks!

I had checked the credit limit the night before and it was still $250. I didnt apply for a cli I just went through the checkout process. I had tried this once before and it didn't go through so I think it's because I went past 6 months since opening.

If I had to guess I would say the 2 cards just have different ways of handling this. That's certainly a strange way of doing it on the HSN card. Hope they do give you a permanent cli soon.

Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip creditbuilder I will definitely try that! 

Message 7 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on the cli, every bit helpsSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 27
mrldp40
Established Contributor

I started with over stock last march at 250 now 1850  .200 @ a time

ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 9 of 27
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Did you have to wait a 6 math period bf you got your 1st increase
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.