Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Questions +

tag
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

Re: Comenity Questions +

No rhyme or reason to comenity. My husband has much better credit than I do but can't get a comenity popup. I received the Overstock one completely by accident, didn't even know it was comenity. Since then I've been trying to get one for my husband since I'm sure they'd give him a great line, but, can't get shopping cart trick to work for him. 

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Gardening since 9/22/2014

Message 11 of 17
Goodness
Regular Contributor

I looked at my EQ report one night saw HSN had did sp tried several times couldn't get to pop up. Went to chrome and pop up came. But still don't understand the pop up, all I want is overstock and VS popups..
EQ 645 EX 651 TU 703 fico 8 (5/15)
MORTAGE SCORES EQ 665 EX 604 TU 688 (5/15)
Goal 700 by end of 2015
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Overstock gets the pop up when you check the box that says shipping address same as billing

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

And with HSN keep hitting the cli until it says 7-10 day message. Its a sp

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, I"ll admit it, Stonesy, there are a couple of them I'd like to have Smiley Happy !  But the main one would be Overstock.  I do a ton of shopping online and they have by far the widest selection of the stuff I would normally by from Amazon, etc...I've even tried using Chrome's "incognito" browser and a different email address.  When I get to the checkout page it makes me fill out ALL the information including credit card number then there's a "Place Order" button on the same page...... no "next"....???  l don't even see HOW a popup could happen...???

I believe this comes up automatically while typing in your credit card info. IIRC it did that for me, BUT you have to be pr-qualified in order to get the pop up. Also make sure your opted in.

Message 15 of 17
someg33k
Established Contributor

Comenity is a tough one to figure out. Never got the pop-up to work for Total Rewards Visa, but they eventually sent me a pre-approval via snail mail.

Overstock I got the pop-up for via shopping cart trick and did not enter a CC first. However i did close the pop-up on accident the first time and then could not get the darn thing to come back up. So I registered on their site a second time with my other email address and did shopping cart trick again, and bam there was the pop-up.

Message 16 of 17
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a follow-up post.... I took your advice and hit the CLI button again, got another $200 increase !!  That's two increases of $200 in under a week... I think I'll stop now ! Smiley Happy  Thanks for the advice !!

CONGRATS on your Comenity luv button success. You can try again in 3 months. They like to see usage and are pretty consistent with granting CLI's.

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.