Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity SCT pre-approved NOT always SP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity SCT pre-approved NOT always SP

I went on a SCT spree and recieved pop up Congratulations you are pre-approved, so accepted and applied.  Was approved BUT days later recieved alerts from credit bureaus  "New Inquiry".  Yup, not garanteed SP!

Comenity SCT spree:

10/8/17 AnnTaylor ($500) - Hard pull (EX) on 10/11/17

10/9/17 Brylane ($750) - Hard pull (EQ & EX) on 10/10/17

10/14/17 Coldwater Creek Mastercard ($1000) - Hard Pull (EQ) on 10/15/17

10/14/17 Overstock store card ($3000) - NO Hard pull as of this date

10/15/17 J.Crew ($500) - No Hard Pull as of this date

Time to stay in the garden!!!

FICO score 8

EQ 717

TU 737

EX 732

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity SCT pre-approved NOT always SP

That's the way it is with the toy cards.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

With 700s for FICO8 scoring, do you really need store cards?  5 new cards is going to bash your AAoA for sure!

Message 3 of 5
beezer32
Regular Contributor

I noticed that you listed the Coldwater Creek as being a HP, versus the others being SP. This is how it is. The Visa/MC offers (even by Comenity and Synch) are almost always going to result in HP. Can anyone dispute this otherwise?

EDIT: I just saw you listed a couple of store cards as HP as well.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Learning Curve, didn't think my scores were that great.  Was trying to build available credit lines and low utilization.  Have other bank cc's with no luck hitting the luv button for CLI (insufficent history with them). 

Have been trying to rebuild credit for the past two years:  3 judgements (removed with new rules effective July 2017).  Many late payments with student loan (4 student loans)...disputed because they were in deferment back in 2011 to 2015.  Have not been successful getting these lates removed.

Before I attempt such risk, I will definitely research further.  So for now I will let them grow and hopfully within 6 to 8 months my score will bounce back after it takes a big dip from the inquiries, new accounts and declined AAoA.

Thank you for all your input and help during this journey.

Back to the Garden!!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.