Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Success!

tag
trece1025
Established Member

Re: Comenity Success!

Can you explain how I can get the pre approval pop up to work?? I have been reading the threads and I am not sure how to activate this action. Also are they soft pulls?? sorry so many questions....do you know what the score they prefer to see and which one do Comenity bank uses...ex(TU, EX.....)

Thanks so much!!!

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice Job, congrats on the approvals

Message 12 of 23
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@trece1025 wrote:

Can you explain how I can get the pre approval pop up to work?? I have been reading the threads and I am not sure how to activate this action. Also are they soft pulls?? sorry so many questions....do you know what the score they prefer to see and which one do Comenity bank uses...ex(TU, EX.....)

Thanks so much!!!

Comenity has at least 40 to 50 companies that they work with to extend credit card to consumers, like, Overstock, Ann Taylor, J. Crew, Express, Victoria Secret, etc. You can google the Comenity companies.  You go into the stores online site and put a few things in the shopping cart to purchase.  Once you go to check out, check out as a guest.  Enter your information in the system and press the continue key, it might ask for your shipping preference and then continue.   Now before you get to the payment screen, this is where  the pop up appears (if it's going to appear, it is random).  It will either say,you have been pre approved for a credit card and ask if you are interested.  Of course, yes and then it will ask for your DOB, income  and most times it will give you a credit line, or hopefully not the 7-10 day review message.   It is a soft pull on your credit.  Sometimes you have to do it several times before the pop up will appear.  I did it at least 10 times before Overstock pop up appeared!  They gave me $4800.00 CL.  It was worth the work, lol!  I hope this helps.

Message 14 of 23
trece1025
Established Member

Roseyk...thanks so much for explaining this process. I'm trying to gain some additional credit lines to help boost my scores and lines of credit available to me.
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@trece1025 wrote:
Roseyk...thanks so much for explaining this process. I'm trying to gain some additional credit lines to help boost my scores and lines of credit available to me.

Your welcome, This site is a wealth of information and it has helped me a lot .  I'm glad to return the favor.  Good luck with the pop ups.  It will help build your credit.  The Overstock cc is great.  i find they give very nice CL.  And by the way, after you get the pop up and get the approval, YOU DON'T have to buy the items in your cart.  I just screen shot the approval close the screen.  You can  go into the Comenity website for that card and setup the account.  You don't need the account number to do that.   let me know if you have any questions,  

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@trece1025 wrote:

Your welcome, This site is a wealth of information and it has helped me a lot .  I'm glad to return the favor.  Good luck with the pop ups.  It will help build your credit.  The Overstock cc is great.  i find they give very nice CL.  And by the way, after you get the pop up and get the approval, YOU DON'T have to buy the items in your cart.  I just screen shot the approval close the screen.  You can  go into the Comenity website for that card and setup the account.  You don't need the account number to do that.   let me know if you have any questions,  

And immediately after you are approved and gain online access to your account with comenity, hit that luv button, you will get an immediate cli. Atleast I did. 5k to 5400 

Message 17 of 23
trece1025
Established Member

Oh wow this is great to know. I am concerned about my score... It about 652 on TU. I haven't checked the others....maybe I will wait a little longer to get my score up
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

They only check eq. And soft pull at that.
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeadlyPersona wrote:

Congrats on your approvals. I'm not familiar with 2 of them but the VS one can grow pretty quickly (in my experience). You will definitely enjoy the coupons, which they will even take after the expiration date and you can use your VS card at Bath & Body Works.

Really? I had no idea you could use VSecret card at Bath & Body Works, are they owned by the same compay? I need to make sure I get the VS card then once discharged because I do alot of shopping in Bath & BodySmiley Tongue

WHat is the Comenity Sportsmanship Visa, is it a regular cc or do they have a shopping book or something where you have to order from? 

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.