tag
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

Re: Commerce Bank

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats for nice SL.
Prequal comes
By mail only?
You can't check only if there is any offer?
And do they serve only specific areas ?
Thanks

They are mainly in the Midwest but anyone can apply for there cards regardless where u live.

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

This card interests me. I wish I could find more info on it. Has not been mentioned much on here or on the googles for that matter.
Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
This card interests me. I wish I could find more info on it. Has not been mentioned much on here or on the googles for that matter.

In the past they had some very interesting customer service challenges (incompetence would just scratch the surface). In my case, I walked away. That was a few years back so maybe things have changed.

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lmao@Dino.... "incompetence would just scratch the surface"

That made my morning.
Message 14 of 26
thummel
Established Contributor

They are bombarding my mailbox with offers from commerce. Yesterday got one for 0% on purchases and balance transfers for 18 months. Decent offer and might give it a shot.
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

The categories change every quarter, Jan to March was 2% on Restaurants/Fast Food and 3% on Phone, Cable, and Internet. April to & June it's 2% Home Improvement, Lawn & Garden and 3% Child Care & Insurance. Jul to Sep is 2% Gas Stations, Ride Sourcing & Taxis and 3% Schools & Education and Oct to Dec is 2% Grocery Stores & Pharmacies and 3% Health Clubs/Fitness & Charities. You do have to go into the Rewards Portal to activate the categories. 
My DW has the card I'm not auth on it yet so I don't follow his spend too much on it.

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I heard they were inq sensitive but others have said they aren't. I applied yesterday for one of their cards and they pulled TU this morning...775TU 5% untilization and 17 inqs...the inqs have me worried Smiley Sad hoping my high score will over come that.

Message 17 of 26
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

Which card did u apply for happyman?
Message 18 of 26
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Happy man, I wouldn't worry about the inq.... I have 4x as many as you do and was just approved for $15k with lower scores as well
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigpoppa09 wrote:
Which card did u apply for happyman?

I can't remember the exact one but it's the rewards card that offers the 150 sign up offer after spending 500...rewards aren't great but wanted in with the bank.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.