cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Congratulations and Repetitive Posts (Thread Bombing)

tag
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: Congratulations and Thread Bombing

Congrats OP, thanks for sharing, lol.....JK!

Great point.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 21 of 70
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@redpat wrote:

Congrats OP, thanks for sharing, lol.....JK!

Great point.

+10000 we have a winner Smiley Happy.. Just got to do it on a few page of posts.

Message 22 of 70
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

When I see stuff like this for a full page or two... I instantly think "thread bombing"

(Mod Edit - image removed so as not to target specific members of the Forum.  --SE)

Message 23 of 70
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:
Im not sure how I feel about this...

People are not gonna want to post now for fear they will be "bombing". I for one will sometimes get on a kick and throw out a ton of Congrats, good jobs, awesome, whatever...because Im just feeling overly excited at that time, and excited for posters approvals, but I also post all over the forums as well.

I in turn, whenever I post in the approval section, get equally excited seeing all my congrats in my threads. Makes me feel like people like what they are seeing, and like me as a poster as well.

Whats the point in posting a CLI, or new CC approval now if people can congratulate you!

now..the part I do agree with is the meaningless congrats 100x all the way down the approvals section. Ive seen a few posters do that, and have no other contribution other than that...Ive not see that poster in the CC section, or anywhere else either on the forums.

For the record...People...Its ok to post congrats on my threads! LOL Smiley Happy

+1. Well said...

I also would like you to congratulate me too when I get an approval!!!! Lol...

In all seriousness when ever I do congratulate someone, I truly mean it. 

LOL...I will too Smiley Wink

And for the record..Im ALWAYS excited in the approvals section for anyone!! Its a big deal!Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure I've made a handful of grey area comments myself but posting just to say congrats can be seen as just as bad… I know we don't worry about "bandwidth" like its 2003… but I like to reply with the common experience when it is at least somewhat relevant, I either have the same accounts or a gentle warning not to go overboard with a spree endeavor.
Message 25 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you so much for Posting this Valuable Information Smiley Happy, i had NO idea Smiley Surprised, The funny thing is that i was Congratulating as many people as possible mainly because i tend to feel sorry for people, i don't know why i am this way and i felt sorry for some people especially when they would post an approval and they would get 0 Congratulations or they would get almost 0, also i am the type of person that either i Congratulate Everybody or Nobody, i don't like to Congratulate some and NOT others, Another thing that i was doing is making sure i give 1 Kudos to Every Single person that would Post an Approval, Again i did that to make the person feel even better about their post, After all nobody likes ungrateful people or Ingrates, People like nice people or at least i like nice people but now that i know the Rules much better, From now on i would probably Congratulate 2 or 3 and that's it, Life would be much easier and simpler for me, since i don't like writting too much, Anyways, Thank you Smiley Very Happy

I don't want you to congratulate me because you feel sorry for meSmiley Sad

Message 26 of 70
Bowzer
Frequent Contributor

The Congratulations and awesomeness are not as bad as the ones that "Thank you" after every "Congrats"! This can get pretty annoying as well.
Message 27 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

When I see stuff like this for a full page or two... I instantly think "thread bombing"

Not even gonna lie -- I just spit my drink all over my computer screen from laughing at this screenshot.

Message 28 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you so much for Posting this Valuable Information Smiley Happy, i had NO idea Smiley Surprised, The funny thing is that i was Congratulating as many people as possible mainly because i tend to feel sorry for people, i don't know why i am this way and i felt sorry for some people especially when they would post an approval and they would get 0 Congratulations or they would get almost 0, also i am the type of person that either i Congratulate Everybody or Nobody, i don't like to Congratulate some and NOT others, Another thing that i was doing is making sure i give 1 Kudos to Every Single person that would Post an Approval, Again i did that to make the person feel even better about their post, After all nobody likes ungrateful people or Ingrates, People like nice people or at least i like nice people but now that i know the Rules much better, From now on i would probably Congratulate 2 or 3 and that's it, Life would be much easier and simpler for me, since i don't like writting too much, Anyways, Thank you Smiley Very Happy

I don't want you to congratulate me because you feel sorry for meSmiley Sad

donny you are a superstar Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

Today has been an interesting day Smiley Happy .................Everyday is a chance to learn something new Smiley Wink

Message 30 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.