cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Amex + Chase Freedom, thank you guys!

tag
Zahnrosen
Contributor

Re: Costco Amex + Chase Freedom, thank you guys!

As if this story wasn't good enough, yesterday I decided to do one final app (promise!) at Home Depot. I got the 'please call us' message and helpful operator just wanted to confirm my address, etc... Once that was completed she told me I had a $500 limit. I asked if that could be bumped up to $3,000 and she said let me talk to somebody. After about 2 mins on hold she transferred me to someone else who reconfirmed everything and then gave me an approval for $3300. Smiley Happy 

Today I logged into my Amex account and I see they gave me a $5000 limit. So, that's an Amex-Costco True Rewards with a $5000 limit, a Chase Freedom with a $4500 limit and a Home Depot card with a $3300 limit, total new credit line is $12,800. And all that was approved with a 654 EQ score.

Regarding baddies, I really don't have anything recent. There's two very small, paid off tax liens from 2008 and a few late payments since then. My issues with credit score have been largely around utilization percentage. Which is a real hassle when all your cards have limits of $300-$500. The Barclay's card from Apple was the first decent CL I had at $1200 and that kick started my repairs. Well, it took about 18 months for the auto-cli's to raise that limit to $3900, but still, it worked. Now, I need to close some of my smaller cards and get the refi done. Woot!

Message 11 of 18
ReaLiLJ
Regular Contributor

@Zahnrosen wrote:

"Today I logged into my Amex account and I see they gave me a $5000 limit. So, that's an Amex-Costco True Rewards with a $5000 limit, a Chase Freedom with a $4500 limit and a Home Depot card with a $3300 limit, total new credit line is $12,800. And all that was approved with a 654 EQ score."

Woot!!! Congrats and enjoy your new cards, rewards, and limits! I know getting rid of that fear of never having to worry about high utilization rates is the best feeling in the world, especially with the no apr introduction rate on the Freedom card, and Amex!!! Just don't forget about your 3x CLI from amex, in 60 days from your time of activation, because trust once you get that, that will be your next best feeling in the world hahhaha. -LJ

P.S. I see your bouncing back on a good path, so don't forget to Refer here, in the next 2 months: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/td-p/1811071 as I know when I first got my cards I was so happy, that I missed this indefinately^ Just imagine 5,000 to $15k all in a 3 month spand hahahaa

20 Years & 1 Month Young; Total Income: $53k (Credit History): 1.9 years AAOA: 1.0 years
Fico Scores: Exp: 725 (12/4) EQ: 703 (11/13) TU: 736 (12/6) Total Credit Available: 89k
Wallet: AmEx Plat- NPSL | AmEx BCP $10.5K | BestBuy SC $10k | Duck Card $8k | BoFA CR Plat Plus Sig. $5k | Discover IT $6k | Chase Freedom Sig. $7k | CSP Sig. $5k | USBank Cash+ Sig. $5k | Barclays R MC $5k | Chevron Visa $5k | BR Visa $5k | Walmart Discover $4k | DCU Plat Visa $3k | QuickSilver CR $3k | Macy's Store CC/Macy's Amex $2.5k/$3k | BML $1.2k | Citi Divi Plat Visa $500
Open Loans: Sallie Mae SL: ($5.6k) (Def.) Car Loan (Red Devil FR-S): $20k/33k Remaining -Will Pay Off in 2yrs. Advice Welcomed!
Message 12 of 18
Zahnrosen
Contributor

Thanks man, I'd read that thread already. I'll make sure to mark that day on my calendar. If I was approved yesterday, when should I call exactly?

Message 13 of 18
ReaLiLJ
Regular Contributor

@Zahnrosen wrote:

Thanks man, I'd read that thread already. I'll make sure to mark that day on my calendar. If I was approved yesterday, when should I call exactly?

You can call or do it through the computer for the CLI, if you just got approved yesterday, your card should be coming soon, once you get it, activate it the same day and on that day is the day your 60 days start (the day you activate it), so lets assume you have it by tuesday (6/18/13) 60 days from that day (61st day) you should ask for the increase by automated phone, or online. So by 8/19/13 you should be ready to ask for it, if you get it by tuesday I would wait for that following monday in august to be on the safe side though, as I did so due to my fear of being denied hahahaa. But the guide says 60 days, so on the 61st day if you want to you can! You can always call the back of the card though and ask them when that 60 day will be and they will be more then glad to help you out with that!

June 30 days -12    
July 31 days - 31  >43
August - Days remaining (17) + 1

August 18 + 1 > August 19 61st day.

20 Years & 1 Month Young; Total Income: $53k (Credit History): 1.9 years AAOA: 1.0 years
Fico Scores: Exp: 725 (12/4) EQ: 703 (11/13) TU: 736 (12/6) Total Credit Available: 89k
Wallet: AmEx Plat- NPSL | AmEx BCP $10.5K | BestBuy SC $10k | Duck Card $8k | BoFA CR Plat Plus Sig. $5k | Discover IT $6k | Chase Freedom Sig. $7k | CSP Sig. $5k | USBank Cash+ Sig. $5k | Barclays R MC $5k | Chevron Visa $5k | BR Visa $5k | Walmart Discover $4k | DCU Plat Visa $3k | QuickSilver CR $3k | Macy's Store CC/Macy's Amex $2.5k/$3k | BML $1.2k | Citi Divi Plat Visa $500
Open Loans: Sallie Mae SL: ($5.6k) (Def.) Car Loan (Red Devil FR-S): $20k/33k Remaining -Will Pay Off in 2yrs. Advice Welcomed!
Message 14 of 18
Zahnrosen
Contributor

Terrific, thanks. I'll make an appointment in my iPhone to do that.
Message 15 of 18
gstq34
Contributor

Find a Credit Union with low closing costs.  I almost went with Quicken for a ReFi then my local CU saved me $5000 in closing costs.

Starting Score: 573
Current Score: 764 EX (FAKO)
Goal Score: 760 all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 18
Zahnrosen
Contributor

Ya, I might just do that. I'm working with a small, local bank and so far they've been pretty good to me. I need to start the process with them. If I start getting static, then I'll look at other options.
Message 17 of 18
ReaLiLJ
Regular Contributor

@Zahnrosen wrote:
Terrific, thanks. I'll make an appointment in my iPhone to do that.

Np Wish you the best on that!! -LJ

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.