cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Visa finally approved after 6 applications!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Costco Visa finally approved after 6 applications!!

I just got approved for the Costco Visa with a cl of $11,500!  This is the card that has eluded me for a long time.  After reading about  another members approval with his high number of inquiries, I decided to go for it. Fyi, they pulled Experian. I just checked myfico and here are my stats:

Experian Fico: 753

Inquiries: 19 (was 18 before Citi pulled it)

Baddies: 0

Utilization: under 8%.

Credit limits: Around $150k-$175k total limits available.

I had been turned down for this card due to excessive number of inquires.  I have no idea what changed their mind as I had added 2 more inquires since the last time I applied.  Perhaps Citi has lowered their standards recently as I have seen more people get approved with an increased number of inquiries lately.  Anyways, I am now officially in the garden for a long time to come!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Costco Visa finally approved after 6 applications!!

Congrats!! Nice SL as well! 

Message 2 of 18
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

At last your persistence pays off. Congrats!

Message 3 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on a big sl from them. They probably too busy watching March Madness to pay attention to your inqsSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 18
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

6 Times ?

WOW

I was denied 2 years ago for the Citi DC card and Im still afraid to pull the trigger again.

Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 18
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, nice card and SL!

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys. What’s funny is that while I’m happy that I got approved, my other cards actually beat it (4% cb from Uber on dining, 3% cb on Costco from BofA). I suppose the 4% cb on gas is decent, except for the 1st quarter as my Discover beats it now, lol!
Message 7 of 18
EW800
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!  To be turned down so many times and then be approved for $11,500 is great!  

My wife and I applied last month for the Citi Costco Visa and were approved for $10,500.  I have a bit of regret only because it meant that we exited the garden, however it is just a small bump in the road.  

Again, congrats!

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! The only reason why i have mine is because it was transferred from AMEX. Citi does not like me.

Message 9 of 18
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Congrats! It took me three applications over a year period to get the card myself!  Finally got in about a month ago at a $5,500 starting limit. Already put (and paid) $900 of purchases on the card, so I'm hoping to keep the momentun going for one of those awesome SP Citi CLI's Smiley Happy 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.