Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy Approval Day

tag
CreditUp26
New Contributor

Crazy Approval Day

So it is DEFINITELY time to go back in the garden. Have had some crazy approvals that have made me almost fall out of my chair:

Got my PenFed pre-approvals today. Out of nowhere they came in at $15k @ 14.9% which is great for my profile, so I took it. Will be my biggest major CC. 

Then, I wanted to see if I could get a lower interest rate with Capital One so I applied for Venture and was approved for 30 THOUSAND! The interest is horrible but I don't even care as it will help my available credit. 

Earlier in the month I got approved for a Wells Fargo Propel that I've had my eye on. Small limit with horrible interest but have had my eye on it for the cell phone insurance. 

This is after picking up the United card in December after a 70,000 mile targeted promotion.

QUESTION for all those credit smart souls out there: Do you think all these new accounts will spook my other creditors into a CLD or worse?

Profile: 700 score all 3, BK discharged 2008, 22 open cards, approximately $130,000 available credit, $80,000 income, utilization less than 10%

Cards: Barclay Arrival, Discover it, 6 Synchrony store cards, Chase Freedom, CSR, Chase Ink, United, Citi Double Cash, Capital One Venture, Capital One Quicksilver, Wells Fargo, PenFed, etc. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Crazy Approval Day

AAoA now and after they report?
Message 2 of 7
CreditUp26
New Contributor

AAoA is approximately 3 years, will probably dip to high 2 years

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditUp26 wrote:

So it is DEFINITELY time to go back in the garden. Have had some crazy approvals that have made me almost fall out of my chair:

@Got my PenFed pre-approvals today. Out of nowhere they came in at $15k @ 14.9% which is great for my profile, so I took it. Will be my biggest major CC. 

Then, I wanted to see if I could get a lower interest rate with Capital One so I applied for Venture and was approved for 30 THOUSAND! The interest is horrible but I don't even care as it will help my available credit. 

Earlier in the month I got approved for a Wells Fargo Propel that I've had my eye on. Small limit with horrible interest but have had my eye on it for the cell phone insurance. 

This is after picking up the United card in December after a 70,000 mile targeted promotion.

QUESTION for all those credit smart souls out there: Do you think all these new accounts will spook my other creditors into a CLD or worse?

Profile: 700 score all 3, BK discharged 2008, 22 open cards, approximately $130,000 available credit, $80,000 income, utilization less than 10%

Cards: Barclay Arrival, Discover it, 6 Synchrony store cards, Chase Freedom, CSR, Chase Ink, United, Citi Double Cash, Capital One Venture, Capital One Quicksilver, Wells Fargo, PenFed, etc. 

You're solid dude. Way to go!

Message 4 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats and no it shouldnt spook your other lenders....unless you have BarclaysSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Nice results except Capital One APR. I have a nice line from them with a horrible APR too.

The only way to trim that thing is when your profile is in enough shape to get approved for another Cap 1 card down the line with a lower rate and transfer all of it over to that one through their card combination feature.

Congrats!!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditUp26 wrote:

@Got my PenFed pre-approvals today. Out of nowhere they came in at $15k @ 14.9% which is great for my profile, so I took it. Will be my biggest major CC. 

Creditors that could possibly be spooked;

Barclays

Synchrony

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.