Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Addict - How Many Is Too Many?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Addict - How Many Is Too Many?

Hey Everyone! 

I recently discovered this forum and it seems to be a great place to share my hobby of collecting credit cards/offers with others. I currently own these cards:

Amex Blue Cash Everyday 

Discover It

Chase Sapphire 

Chase Freedom 

Bank of America Cash Rewards 

Citi Thank You Preffered -- New Card

Citi Double Cash -- New Card

Capital One Quicksilver 

I was thinking of adding the Amazon Chase Card and BarclayCard Rewards MC or Bank Of America Travel Rewards but not sure if they are really necessary with the cards that I have. I think Amazon may be good to have anytime I make an Amazon purchase. But other than that I think my other cards will give me better rewards. By the way I'm 23 and have a credit score of 740. 

I was thinking to keep what I have, but not sure if I should apply for the other ones I wanted. Any suggestions/opinions would be appreciated Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Addict - How Many Is Too Many?

Have taken a look at the Sallie Mae MC yet? If you can, I'd definitely look into trying to get that card.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh! That one looks great Smiley Happy Thanks for sharing. I've added it to my list.. lol Is it one of your favorite cards?

Message 3 of 60
vpae
Established Contributor

For some reason I thought this was a question directed towards CreditAddict Smiley Very Happy

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 4 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL sorry! I'm new here, I don't know CreditAddict yet Smiley Happy Just a credit addict wondering if I need any more cards haha. 

Message 5 of 60
vpae
Established Contributor

Here's the list - http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Creditaddict-List/m-p/3521691

Not sure if it's fully up to date.

but as far as for you, everyone is differnet. If you have a use for each one, can manage it, and enjoy doing it, then there's never too many.

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 6 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks vpae Smiley Happy I appreciate the insight. Wow, so that's like giving a fat kid the whole cake, rather than a slice lmao. Do you have a favorite card at the moment? I'm liking my CapitalOne Quicksilver because I'm going on a trip soon and I'm excited for the no foreign transaction fee feature! I also like my Citi Double Cash card but kind of annoyed they haven't added the 200 bonus cash back offer to my acct. Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 60
uswala
Senior Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

Have taken a look at the Sallie Mae MC yet? If you can, I'd definitely look into trying to get that card.

+1. It is a good card to have especially if you shop at amazon.

Message 8 of 60
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh! That one looks great Smiley Happy Thanks for sharing. I've added it to my list.. lol Is it one of your favorite cards?

I don't even have it but guessing by what kinds of cards you have, I think you should go for it. I tried reconning it twice and no go for me. Amazon Chase Visa is my alternative choice.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 9 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool thanks for the tip

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't even have it but guessing by what kinds of cards you have, I think you should go for it. I tried reconning it twice and no go for me. Amazon Chase Visa is my alternative choice.

Cool Thank you for the tips Smiley Happy I was thinking of trying to combine both my Citi Cards into one and just keep the Double Cash instead of the Thank You Preferred, does anyone know if this is possible? 

Message 10 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.