Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limit Increase from Capital One

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Limit Increase from Capital One

Had my oldest CapOne card for 40 months, have gotten 2 CLI's both auto in the first year because of the steps program, No AF.  Have pushed over 3000 though the 2k limit in a single month. Have done PIF, and carried a balance, always paid many times the minimum wage each month, No lates on any credit account ever, Still CLI's are refused and no new auto-CLI's, Only keep it because of no AF, and only 11% interest which is excellent for a near rebuilder card along with zero fee BT's. No offers ever to upgrade. There Customer service is decent if you dont'e expect CLI, they are there to resolve lost cards and possible fraudulent charges. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 21 of 37
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Capital One instant for 10k???? Since when lol....what are your scores and do you have direct deposite with them?

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 22 of 37
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

@CreditChampion wrote:

Capital One instant for 10k???? Since when lol....what are your scores and do you have direct deposite with them?

Nov. 2011. High 700s. Direct deposite? Nope. Capital One Venture One instant approval $10,000. 0% 12 months, then 13.99%. 10,000 bonus miles.

Message 23 of 37
Open123
Super Contributor

@CreditChampion wrote:

818 Fico with $100K deposited in a low interest bearing 5 year CD with 3% surrender penalty.  j/k

Sorry, couldn't resist.  

These Cap One rips never get old, but I've always had a good experience with them.  I've never asked for CLIs, nor have I ever had to call customer service for anything.

Message 24 of 37
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@CreditChampion wrote:

818 Fico with $100K deposited in a low interest bearing 5 year CD with 3% surrender penalty.  j/k

Sorry, couldn't resist.  

These Cap One rips never get old, but I've always had a good experience with them.  I've never asked for CLIs, nor have I ever had to call customer service for anything.

I want to be you, but until then I have to deal with no CLIs...  ... ...   etc.

They love telling me they are a conservative lender.  A conservative lender does not lend to people with damaged credit history is the only replay needed when they say that.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 25 of 37
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Cap 1 sucks with cli's, don't get your hopes up.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 26 of 37
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@migliogiorni wrote:

Cap 1 sucks with cli's, don't get your hopes up.

I think your odds of getting struck by lightning are a thousand times more likely.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 27 of 37
YahComb
Established Contributor

It's been well established by now that Capital One is the big daddy of subprime lenders, but they still maintain a portfolio of prime customers. Never ceases to amaze me that people still act all surprised that some people can get a nice starting limit and no fee card from them. Guess it's one of those "why let facts get in the way..." things, a lot are just too used to dealing with their subprime products.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 28 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

how can I raise my FICO score

I'm looking to purchase my home in november. although I'm dept free I'm haveing the hardest time getting my FICO score up.

Message 29 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been with Capital One for two yrs never late on a payment and they havent Increase my credit limits yet. what should I do. I have ask them about it and they said they couldnt raise it at this time. WHY IS MY ? I HAVE NEVERRRR BEEN LATE

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.