Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank CLI

tag
mcp3ak
Valued Member

Credit One Bank CLI

Today I signed into to my account with a surprise of a $150 CLI. It is not much but exciting to see something grow that so many people say they haven't seen an increase. It is by far my lowest CL which is okay because it still helps.

Starting Score: TU 591 EQ 590 EX 614 (7/30/17)
Current Score: TU 661 EQ 650 EX 675 (1/1/18)
Goal Score: TU 700 EQ 700 EX 700

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One Bank CLI

Congrats!

Message 2 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a credit one visa card too and it has grown to $600 CL so far I've only had it for 6 months and it has been a great credit builder card 

Message 3 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mcp3ak wrote:

Today I signed into to my account with a surprise of a $150 CLI. It is not much but exciting to see something grow that so many people say they haven't seen an increase. It is by far my lowest CL which is okay because it still helps.

mcp3ak that is awesome! CreditOne was my first card 1year ago. I've had 2 CLI's and I'm very happy with them despite all the trash people talk about them. I also have a CapitalOne with 2 CLI's in a year. 

After much resistance I never app'd for any store cards because I didn't want to be stuck in "store card hell" with low limits and high interest. Glad I did this because here I am a year later with NavyFed with a CashRewards Visa with a $14,300 starting limit. And getting ready to app for a Platinum MC. My wife just got 1 with a $15,200 limit 6.9%.

And in a few months I'll close both CreditOne w/ 750 cl and CapitalOne w/ 1000 cl. They have been good to me.

Message 4 of 32
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on some movement with that.

You will want to pepper up your credit profile at some point when you see better lenders coming through and finally closing Credit One will improve your chances with Prime Banks.

Since they know that they are a rebuilder lender Prime Banks usually stay back with growing limits until they're off your reports.

Just a little well spoken of tip you'll find around that can help you grow and get ahead with more gusto Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

$150 better than nothing right Smiley Happy. Congrats! I love CLI

Message 6 of 32
mcp3ak
Valued Member

Thanks everybody. That is good to know CreditMagic. I did not know closing a card would help with that. I do have my 2 Cap1 cards along with a NavyFed cash rewards card. 

Starting Score: TU 591 EQ 590 EX 614 (7/30/17)
Current Score: TU 661 EQ 650 EX 675 (1/1/18)
Goal Score: TU 700 EQ 700 EX 700

Message 7 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have a credit one card 1,350 never use it,just pay 8,25 $ A MONTH i thought it was helping me, it is my oldest card ,i have moved on to better cards but i thought keeping it open was helping me, and you say it would be best to close, same with figerhut to ? thanks in advance

Message 8 of 32
sid33
Regular Contributor

Congrats!  I got an auto cli on my credit one after my first statement. As soon as my scores go up a little I’ll App for navy fed and get rid of the credit one. 

Message 9 of 32
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@mcp3ak wrote:

Thanks everybody. That is good to know CreditMagic. I did not know closing a card would help with that. I do have my 2 Cap1 cards along with a NavyFed cash rewards card. 

No problem.

I don't blow that horn near as much as others often do but wanted to echo the attention.

Lenders are keen to rebuilder accounts and although that in and of itself is not really a bad thing, finding them later down the line in the CRA's closed in good standing column signals you've done well on that end and you're moving into a more productive phase for your credit profile

Regards, CM7. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.