Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Denial

tag
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

Credit One Denial

Hello Folks,

I visited a website early morning today, I saw an add for prequalification from Credit One and just by curiosity; I clicked on the add and entered my personal information and got an instant denial based on the information bellow.

I am shocked, even if they approve me! I would not take their offer. I was approved for Barclaycard Rewards Card a Month ago and my score has improved since then, what's going on..any idea?

Your credit score: 748
Date: 01/16/2014
Scores range from a low of 350 to a high of 850

Key factors that adversely affected your credit score:

• Delinquency reported on accounts
  • Ratio of loan balances to credit limits too high
  • Insufficient time since most recent account opened
  • Too many recent inquiries
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit One Denial

You are better off without credit one! It's better cards out there

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 12
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

+1 dont even call them hahha 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 3 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

No loss and in fact you're better off without them.

Message 4 of 12
alvon123
Super Contributor

@Wade64 wrote:

You are better off without credit one! It's better cards out there

+1

Message 5 of 12
baller4life
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:
No loss and in fact you're better off without them.

+ a trillion!

Message 6 of 12
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Why were you even trying for a Creditone card?
Message 7 of 12
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:

I was reading some contents out of a website, an add popped-up on my screen asking me I want to see if I can get prequalified for one of their credit cards without getting a hard inquiry; I said why not I don't have nothing to lose.

Message 8 of 12
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

+1 Looking at your CS, CreditOne should be a card to avoid with a strong passion. No benefits whatsoever in your case as it's an credit rebuilder card.

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 9 of 12
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

You have something to feel good about, Credit One denies most folks with really GOOD credit.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.