Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Steps on Capital One

tag
TimeLBK
Regular Contributor

Credit Steps on Capital One

Today was my 6th month statements on both of my Capital One cards-Platinum and QS1. Received a CLI of $500 on both. Opened both in April 2016..$500 each...July 2016 double CLI to $1,500 each and today went to $2,000 each..

Happy.

Now do I wait 6 months from today to ask for a CLI or from July?

Discover IT: $0/$200
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Steps on Capital One

congrats on your credit steps. You will need to wait 6 months before you will be able to get another increase. You can always put in the request early but most likely it will be denied. I just got my credit steps last month but I asked for a increase before my credit steps and got 1k increase and then another 500 credit steps. Thanks

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the increases! I'm close to getting my Credit Steps too. I can't wait! Best of luck on your rebuilding! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Congrats

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my first increase on my Cap1 right at my 3rd month, $500 increase. I did a chat to ask about credit steps and was told even though I got my $500 increase, I should get another increase at the 6 month mark. I do use it frequently and make multiple payments per a month. My util. is usually right around 65% at any given time but I think the frequent use and multiple payments help.

Message 5 of 7
Pway
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the increase of credit steps.  Yes you will need to wait six months from the last increase.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 6 of 7
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Credit steps is an awesome program!

Congrats! Credit steps is an awesome program!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.