Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit approval finally with Synchrony Bank update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit approval finally with Synchrony Bank

Ring..Ring...

You:Hello...Can i get a credit line increase?

CS:How much you want?

You: How about $5000

Message 11 of 22
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

App for the Athleta and the Banana Republic while you are at it. The rewards add up quick and you can use all cards at all brands so it's kinda like having 1 big limit to work with. That's what I did since I didn't get the limits I wanted on the Gap and Old Navy and they wouldn't budge on the CLI. I got higher limits on the BR and the Athleta anyway for a total of $1200. If you are a huge brand shopper, even if you only shop Old Navy and Gap, the rewards are worth it. I got $30 back from Athleta on the first statement.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 12 of 22
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit approval finally with Synchrony Bank update

I have Amazon, Walmart and sams club and never could get a increase. Then my transunion score shot up to 650 and bam 3500 on each one. I called the sync bank backside which you can find in these forums. Based on the info I found on her I knew exactly what to ask for. I did originally ask for 5k on Walmart but they countered at 3500 which is what they gave me on the other 2. I started at 800 on Walmart and Amazon and 500 on sams club. Once your fico 08 score reaches 650 call the backdoor number and ask for 3500 each. You can ask for more but probably will counter at 3500. Good luck
Message 13 of 22
bodyboy1
Established Contributor

@rrdm78 wrote:

so today I decided to come out of the garden and applied for the following credit cards:

old navy approved for  $300

walmart approved for $300

amazon approved for $ 800

ebay master credit pending application I have to call them.($500)

Gap  approved $200

my transunion fico score is 630

i was wondering has anyone that was approved for these cards were able to get a cli 300 is such a low number but I am thankful. I was denied two months ago.

>   Congrats!

Amazon 5K. AMEX PRG 35kPOT./AMEX MAG 15k. BARNEYS 28.7k. Banana. BAO. CITI Bestbuy/Bloomies 15k/Diamond/Thanku/Macy's 15k. Chase/Freedom. DiscoveriT 13.5K/Chrome. FRONTGATE 4K. Jetblue 5.7K. JCrew 7k. JCPenney 5k. Ring 10k. Sear's MC 11.3k. SAKS 5K SamsClub 10K. Target MC 8.4k. Walmart 6k. Wayfair 4.8k... be good to yourself!
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 15 of 22
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

congats
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@djshifted wrote:

Congrats!  My initial limits with Sync were the same as yours, though I only applied for Walmart ($300) and Amazon ($800).  I didn't try for a CLI immediately, since I was so happy to have them at the time I didn't think about it.  Others may have better experience to pull from, but calling Sync should only be a soft pull for those, it shouldn't hurt to try.

My CLI from Sync was a hard pull just fyi. Not sure if they all are but I was a bit PO'd since they never stated anything on the automated line about pulling my credit via a HP

Message 17 of 22
schsa210
Established Contributor

Congrats!

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 18 of 22
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 19 of 22
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats!!! Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.