cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card approval. TU pulled. 3 point drop on CK and a 30 point drop on CS???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card approval. TU pulled. 3 point drop on CK and a 30 point drop on CS???

I just got approved for a 5/3 bank credit card. They pulled TU. Credit Karma shows a 3 point drop which was expected but Credit Sesame has me at a 30 point drop. Why such a big diffrence between these two?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit card approval. TU pulled. 3 point drop on CK and a 30 point drop on CS???

Perhaps different scoring models?

Message 2 of 9
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Credit card approval. TU pulled. 3 point drop on CK and a 30 point drop on CS???

Neither is a true FICO scoring. Go here and spend a $1 for your real scores www.creditchecktotal.com .

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that it isn't my FICO credit score but still, that much difference between both of them? And a 30 point drop for one inquiry? That sounds really dumb to me. I'll check out that 1.00 option. Thanks!

Message 4 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I know CK is Vantage 3.0 but not sure on other. Thats why i asked if it was different scoring models as some models take into consideration certain factors while others dont. Of course Gmood us correct, main score to pay sttention to is the Fico one but i understand your question. It csn be maddening lolSmiley Wink

Message 5 of 9
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know that it isn't my FICO credit score but still, that much difference between both of them? And a 30 point drop for one inquiry? That sounds really dumb to me. I'll check out that 1.00 option. Thanks!

Did credit sesame show a new account, and CK did not?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK does not show a new account and I didn't get an alert from Sesame that they added one either but the site won't update until Aug 1.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

CK does not show a new account and I didn't get an alert from Sesame that they added one either but the site won't update until Aug 1.

On top of CCT, I subscribe Wallethub.  They suck... Very slow updates despite of daily update promise.  BUT at least I get TU alerts immediately.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

There scores are meaningless.  I had a charge off on my report that was showing being 2000 dollars over the limit.  It dropped off my Trans Union and this dropped my CK score by 38 points and my FICO 8 went up by 45 points.  Use CK only for monitoring your report for changes.  Ignore the scores.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.