Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditOne approval

tag
Erusidhion
Frequent Contributor

Re: CreditOne approval

How good are their pre-qualification mailers though? I got one today actually that says 19.90%, $45.00 annual membership fee and up to $1500 credit line which most know they start you off at like $300.00 or $500.00 The only reason I ask is because I did the prequalification on their website and it comes up with 23.90% and $75.00 first year annual membership, $99.00 thereafter billed monthly.

I mean, if they gave me the offer that is in the mailer.... for having a credit line to boost more utilization; if you don't mind the $45.00 annual fee, that's not too bad... I've wasted way more money on less trivial things. I am glad a lot of people didn't bash them in their replies. They truly did help a lot of people even though I thankfully avoided them but now I wonder if I should just get one. Anyways.

Congratulations! We all have to start somewhere, 3 bankcards + 1 store card + 1 $500 secured installment loan (48-60 month term) is the best way to jump start your credit profile. I wish you all the luck in your journey! Also while most advise to close annual fee cr Aards after 1 year before annual fee hits again, I usually suggest keeping it for at least 24 months. It maxes out your credit history that only keeps track of last 24 months, I believe it's not considered a new account anymore (not sure if matters if closed). But to each their own. Some credit card companies will do manual reviews on recons and 24 OKs may look good for a credit rebuilder card.

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Utilization: 9% AAoA: 20 months Total History: 3Y
Updated: 08/04/2017 Premier 3B
Message 31 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Erusidhion wrote:

How good are their pre-qualification mailers though? I got one today actually that says 19.90%, $45.00 annual membership fee and up to $1500 credit line which most know they start you off at like $300.00 or $500.00 The only reason I ask is because I did the prequalification on their website and it comes up with 23.90% and $75.00 first year annual membership, $99.00 thereafter billed monthly.

I mean, if they gave me the offer that is in the mailer.... for having a credit line to boost more utilization; if you don't mind the $45.00 annual fee, that's not too bad... I've wasted way more money on less trivial things. I am glad a lot of people didn't bash them in their replies. They truly did help a lot of people even though I thankfully avoided them but now I wonder if I should just get one. Anyways.

Congratulations! We all have to start somewhere, 3 bankcards + 1 store card + 1 $500 secured installment loan (48-60 month term) is the best way to jump start your credit profile. I wish you all the luck in your journey!

Chances are if you are getting those kinds of terms from them, You can get much better and less predatory cards. I.E. If your FICO's have a 6 in front. Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 52
Erusidhion
Frequent Contributor

@Nixon,

You are probably right but with two cards at 85% utilization, 0% apr cards; rather have the cash in my emergency fund and current investments at the moment, I doubt any major companies are going to approve me. But you know I could be wrong. I'm afraid to go on an app spree with these two cards being almost maxed. I will probably get shut down pretty hard. As of right now, no pre-qualifications show up on cardmatch or any other major sites I try.

I will think long and hard about this Credit One prequal. In the mean time, once I have some balances updated reporting 0 in middle of April; I may get the itch to just pull the trigger on my app spree then since that'll be the best time to do it while I'll just have the two high utilization cards reporting. I was hoping to keep them high to try an experiement when they get 2 months out from losing the 0% apr status. I wanted to initiate a CLI with high score with both and see if they'd give me huge CLIs thinking that maybe it'd be in their best interest to give them out thinking I'd not pay the balances down before the 0% inroductory period ends; dunno.

I think the best thing about myFICO is all the experimentation threads. This site is just too damn addicting.

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Message 33 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Erusidhion wrote:

@Anonymous,

You are probably right but with two cards at 85% utilization, 0% apr cards; rather have the cash in my emergency fund and current investments at the moment, I doubt any major companies are going to approve me. But you know I could be wrong. I'm afraid to go on an app spree with these two cards being almost maxed. I will probably get shut down pretty hard. As of right now, no pre-qualifications show up on cardmatch or any other major sites I try.

I will think long and hard about this Credit One prequal. In the mean time, once I have some balances updated reporting 0 in middle of April; I may get the itch to just pull the trigger on my app spree then since that'll be the best time to do it while I'll just have the two high utilization cards reporting. I was hoping to keep them high to try an experiement when they get 2 months out from losing the 0% apr status. I wanted to initiate a CLI with high score with both and see if they'd give me huge CLIs thinking that maybe it'd be in their best interest to give them out thinking I'd not pay the balances down before the 0% inroductory period ends; dunno.

I think the best thing about myFICO is all the experimentation threads. This site is just too damn addicting.

Your scores may very well be where they are because of the high utilization. Don't worry about utilization until you need to apply for something that matters.

Your 85% average on each of the cards with balances will still be there at the end of the day. Even a $10,000 CreditOne won't fix that. Smiley Tongue

Message 34 of 52
Erusidhion
Frequent Contributor

Well I took the offer, starting off with a $500.00 limit. I'll use it once a month and then pay it off once a month with billpay through my bank. If anything it's another line to help keep my AAoA at a minimum of two years once this card ages 24 months before I drop it. I guess that's me justifying getting this card although I've thrown away so many offers from them. They are favorable terms though even if you have to pay $3.75 a month. Checking account fees are generally $10 to $12 a month. Anyways. As long as I get a lot of offers to raise my limit by $500 for $10.00, I'll be happy so I can artificially create a high limit card with good history that will be good for 10 years after I close it.

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Message 35 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Erusidhion wrote:

Well I took the offer, starting off with a $500.00 limit. I'll use it once a month and then pay it off once a month with billpay through my bank. If anything it's another line to help keep my AAoA at a minimum of two years once this card ages 24 months before I drop it. I guess that's me justifying getting this card although I've thrown away so many offers from them. They are favorable terms though even if you have to pay $3.75 a month. Checking account fees are generally $10 to $12 a month. Anyways. As long as I get a lot of offers to raise my limit by $500 for $10.00, I'll be happy so I can artificially create a high limit card with good history that will be good for 10 years after I close it.

a) Why are you paying for checking account?

b) Remember that this card has no (ZERO) grace period. The pay once a month thing will not quell interest.

c) You still have that sky high utilization on those other cards -- individually. This is what matters.

d) Why would you pay for a credit limit increase? It still doesn't change point "c"

e) Don't expect to get this card much past $2,000 if it even gets there.

f) Good luck.....

Message 36 of 52
Erusidhion
Frequent Contributor

Well I currently don't pay for a checking account because I have a Credit Union account (no monthly fee) and a Wells Fargo account (secured card attached, savings, use debit card 10 times within a month). I was just doing a comparison I should have been more clear. I understand it has no grace period. It's essentially a Cash Advance card which at 19.90% is lower than a majority of my cards that have Cash Advance (not that I'd ever use it, no one should).

I will address the utilization towards the end of the year. Hopefully my current investments will cover paying them down and still having what I have now in my emergency fund. And as for paying for the credit limit increase; good point I probably shouldn't. I'm going to just keep this for 2 years and dump it. As for the $2,000 limit; I have to read more Credit One posts to see the highest limit anyone has ever gotten. But I remember that number $2000 showing up somewhere... was it for this card?

I enjoy all your advice Nixon and all your posts. Honestly, paying the annual fee for a Credit One is no problem. Do you know how much money I spent on the whole process of adjusting inquiries? If you only knew, so glad that option is gone. I'll never attempt that process again. Thanks again for replying!

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Message 37 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Erusidhion wrote:

Well I currently don't pay for a checking account because I have a Credit Union account (no monthly fee) and a Wells Fargo account (secured card attached, savings, use debit card 10 times within a month). I was just doing a comparison I should have been more clear. I understand it has no grace period. It's essentially a Cash Advance card which at 19.90% is lower than a majority of my cards that have Cash Advance (not that I'd ever use it, no one should).

I will address the utilization towards the end of the year. Hopefully my current investments will cover paying them down and still having what I have now in my emergency fund. And as for paying for the credit limit increase; good point I probably shouldn't. I'm going to just keep this for 2 years and dump it. As for the $2,000 limit; I have to read more Credit One posts to see the highest limit anyone has ever gotten. But I remember that number $2000 showing up somewhere... was it for this card?

I enjoy all your advise Nixon and all your posts. Honestly, paying the annual fee for a Credit One is no problem. Do you know how much money I spent on the whole process of adjusting inquiries? If you only knew, so glad that option is gone. I'll never attempt that process again. Thanks again for replying!

If you mean waiting two years for them to drop off..... Smiley Wink

Message 38 of 52
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats and welcome to the forum!
Message 39 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

Message 40 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.