Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditOne back in my wallet :P

tag
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

CreditOne back in my wallet :P

I cancelled because I wanted a CLI, APR reduction and them to waive the annual fee.  They  wouldnt so I closed.

3 weeks later I started getting email and letters in the mail offering me a new account.

Ended up taking it, no hard pull  (im not sure if its going to show as my old account reopening or a new account, so my AAoA may of taken a hit)

The yearly fee isnt due until next year and is only 45 dollars now, apr is 19% and came with a 200 cli.  

So they dropped my APR about 10%, gave the CLI and halved the yearly fee.  

Wont use the card for anything though I now have plenty of credit elsewhere, will cancel it in another year before the AF is due again.  Kind of glad they offered much better terms this time around Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CreditOne back in my wallet :P

Why?

Message 2 of 60
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Because I wanted to Smiley Happy

They are a great company to deal with.  The % starting from day of purchase isnt a deal killer for me (as thats about the only thing not normal compared to most other cards, you can also PIF the next day and then theres nothing at all different about this card compared to most others), yeah it sucks but even with the card maxed out Ill owe what, 10 dollars or so end of month?   

THe AF is negligable, I wont be paying it and its lower than half the other cards AF fees out there.

So as long as you manage your credit responsibly, this is a great card to have and is the same as every other CC out there pretty much.

I also like adding it to my overall utilization although it doesnt matter anymoreSmiley Tongue

*edit*

Its also got (other than a special timed financial deal) the lowest APR out of all of my cards at 19%.  Not great but im still rebuilding.

Message 3 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really don't get all the Credit Bum (One) love on the forum lately...

Whatever floats your boat..

Message 4 of 60
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Yep I did.

and there isnt much creditone love, captool usually is right on those posts bashing the card for being horrible.  I think I am one of the few people who dont think the card is so bad.

Anywho, thanks for the congrats on my re new card Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 60
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Everyone is different, and have the likes of different cards. Some people wonder why I want so many store cards....my answer..."because I do!" plain and simple, its your life, your credit, your decision. Congrats to you on getting the card YOU wantSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I watched my DH deal with this card.  For those reading and wondering about Credit One.  Read why they are NOT a good card to have.

-  You only get CLI's if you PAY them to give you one.  No one should have to PAY a fee to get a CLI.

-  Customer Service is overseas, rarely speak english, it is all from a script and they won't deviate.

-  They don't CARE if you have an account or not.

-  It doesn't matter if it is $45 or $95, you are billed monthly for their annual fee and that does NOT help your scores unless it is the only card reporting.  Remember, for scoring purposes, it is ideal to have one card report with less than 10% balance.  This is NOT the card to use regularly because:

-  Interest accumulates the second you use it.  There is no grace period like other cards.

Please explain why you think this is a good card to have.  I only put this here for others to see the information about this card. 

Message 7 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval..

Message 8 of 60
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Reply to Mims0f4

They have not ever charged me or wife for a CLI, 4 total CLIs so far, 3 on me and 1 for wife.

Yeah their customer service is hard to understand, similar to all cards that arnt US based customer support.  

They probably dont care, its not their company.  I did have the guy I cancelled from try to get me to keep my card and offered things I did not ask for if I stayed.  So whoever I called, did want me to stay.  

45 and 95 does matter to me, one is double the other.  I like the 45, its 6 dollars more than my BofA AF and within 5 dollars of all my other AF cards.  They charge per month after the first year yeah, which makes it harder to control your credit if you arnt on top of it all the time.  But in all reality, if you pay that monthly AF fee the day its due, you dont get charged interest.  Yeah its spread out over the year, but its still just an AF like any other card with an AF.   If you keep up on your credit, this is not a big deal.

Grace period yeah, the whole time thats the only thing ive said is not good about this card.  But if you only use the card when you have the money and pay your bill the day after you use it, the grace period is null.  If you carry a balance on your card, yeah, probably not the greatest card for you.

I think its a good card because most of what you wrote is totally untrue from my experience with them. 

*edit*

First year you are billed for the entire year, after that the AF is a monthly fee.  I didnt make that very clear above Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 60
Erusidhion
Frequent Contributor

I think everyone should just read their Cardholder Agreements before choosing to click that Accept/Apply button so they know what they're getting into. I recently got an agreeable 19.90% APR, $45.00 Annual Fee (charged once a year) and an Introductory no Cash Advance Fee. Meaning I can do a Cash Advance and just pay the interest on it which is great. Say I take $500 in cash, I am only paying $0.27 a day to borrow that. Some people can turn that money into 10 times that interest they pay per day.

Credit One seems to offer a lot of terms depending on the person applying for through their website or through a mailer. I found a PDF of all the things they seem to offer here if you want to check it out:

https://www.creditonebank.com/assets/CardholderAgreements/CreditOneBankCreditCardAgreements.pdf

Found through google search so I am not sure how 'updated' this is, it says 2014. If you have a Credit One account with crappy terms right now; check their pre qualify on their main website and see if you can now get something more agreeable to you. You only lose overall utilization % if you close the card and change to a new one. Your AAoA will remain the same for up to 10 years after closure.

I got agreeable terms with them and I am happy. There are a few negatives obviously with the Express Pay (fee) to get your available balanace adjusted quicker instead of a regular payment taking 3-5 days to do that. The pay for CLIs; kind of a bummer but there are documented cases of Auto CLIs on this forum as well as CLIs 1-2 months after someone received an offer to pay for a CLI and they ignored it. The daily interest when a charge posts is also crappy but I mean I can borrow $500 CASH at $0.27 a day. This card was obviously catered to gamblers/loan sharks/etc because their company resides in Las Vegas.

I think people dislike Credit One for their past transgressions and haven't seen them improve into something better because they haven't bothered to check what their newest terms/offerings are. I know nothing of their past though only what their current offerings are and they aren't bad when you compare them to some secured credit card offerings even that offer an annual fee on top of you having to put a deposit. Not only that but cards that graduate; you aren't going to get that 0% apr offering once it graduates but you would get it if you applied for an unsecured card of theirs right from the getgo a majority of the time depending on your current credit profile.

I feel some people need to research more about what they're applying for. But this goes for everything in life. Research that Washer or Dryer you're about to buy brand new/used to replace your old one or that contract for your new car purchase. I will always take the extra step to do those things so I always know 100% what I am getting myself into.

I hope this didn't sound like a rant. Congratulations on getting more agreeable terms! It's always a bonus in the end. 

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Utilization: 9% AAoA: 20 months Total History: 3Y
Updated: 08/04/2017 Premier 3B
Message 10 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.