Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU $7.5K Visa Rewards approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU $7.5K Visa Rewards approval

I just got approved for a DCU Platinum Visa Rewards $7.5K SL. I know the rewards program isn't great but the CL is kinda generous.

APR is 14.5%, kinda high but I'm not planning on carrying a balance

I have had my account with DCU since July 2015. I also have my checking, direct deposit, auto loan and $10K platinum Visa with DCU.

I originally requested a CLI but after I filled out my app the came back with two offers

1) Platinum Visa $7.5K SL

2) Platinum Visa Rewards $7.5K SL

I chose the Visa Rewards, the asked me to upload my paystub so my card should be in the mail soon.

I'm thinking this would be an HP as they pulled EQX when I first apped with them back in July 2015.

I'm not clear why DCU didn't do a CLI instead of offering me a new card? sounds kinda weird....

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Re: DCU $7.5K Visa Rewards approval

Congratulations on the approval!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 2 of 13
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (March 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 3 of 13
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@AhmedInVA wrote:

I just got approved for a DCU Platinum Visa Rewards $7.5K SL. I know the rewards program isn't great but the CL is kinda generous.

I have had my account with DCU since July 2015. I also have my checking, direct deposit, auto loan and $10K platinum Visa with DCU.

I originally requested a CLI but after I filled out my app the came back with two offers

I chose the Visa Rewards, the asked me to upload my paystub so my card should be in the mail soon.

I'm thinking this would be an HP as they pulled EQX when I first apped with them back in July 2015.

I'm not clear why DCU didn't do a CLI instead of offering me a new card? sounds kinda weird....

DCU probably used EQ. DCU isn't alone in that it is often easier to get a second (additional) card than to get better terms (APR, CLI) on an existing card.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AhmedInVA wrote:

That is all there is to it. "Just because you can, doesn't mean you have to."

BTW, congrats.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks everyone!

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That is all there is to it. "Just because you can, doesn't mean you have to."

BTW, congrats.

absolutely! thanks!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.