Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU CC & Auto Refinance Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU CC & Auto Refinance Approval

About a year back I had applied with DCU for Auto loan and got approved with 9% so declined it, also was declined for Credit Card saying too many deliquency blah blah. My CS was in lower 600s with 2 public records and 5 collection (It was from about 4 years back from a company which was a messy "break-up" with my partners). Anyway, paid off all the collections and was able to remove both my public records (collection in court and tax lien). Also, back then I went with the dealers auto loan which was 7.25% but still better than what DCU offered me.

Today, my CS are TU: 751, EQ: 728, EX: 671 and had the urge to apply an Auto Refinance. After applying online, got message of being reviewed. Called them and talked to Loan Dept and got approved for 3.99% and also asked to get a credit with the same HP and after manual review .. Got answer: "Today I can approve you for $10,000 and with APR of 16%" The APR is not that great but I took it anyway.

Awesome Tuesday!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Re: DCU CC & Auto Refinance Approval

You almost cut your interest rate in half, way to go! Congrats on approvals.

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! DCU is my main and favorite. Just got back from my branch a few minutes ago.

Message 3 of 7
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

Which card did you get?

2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was offered Visa Platinum and I asked if I could get rewards and was told not at this time so I accepted. 

@Ardecko wrote:

Which card did you get?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was offered Visa Platinum and I asked if I could get rewards and was told not at this time so I accepted. 

@Ardecko wrote:

Which card did you get?

That's odd, they normally would just switch it over. The interest rate would change. That's about it. I would call back and ask again.

Message 6 of 7
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.