Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Valued Contributor

DCU Visa approval

[ Edited ]

I was feeling bored at work today.. decided to app for a DCU card, since I don't have anything from them... Pulled Eq, my lowest score @663 - approved!    Is this a decent SL from them ? With this approval, I am going to send a few of my lower limit cards to the shredder - my CapOne QS1 ($2k), Merrick ($1200 that would double next month), and a few others... Just trying to get into some higher CL cards, and get rid of the crap!

image.jpg

Chasex3/PenFedx3/NFCUx2/BofA/BMO/AMEX x5(4 revolvers +Platinum)/CapOnex2/DCU/Blispay/Cabelas/BBVA/BB&T/HSBC/Atira/Commerce Bank/State Farm Visa........I have them all. Except Barclays. They suck. And Sync. They suck worse! And Citi,, because I Have 9,000 Inq.
In the 520-530 range in 12/2015.... Currently EQ747/TU758/EX744
NFCU & PenFed are my best friends!!

In 3/2016 I had a $1800 fully secured CapOne QS. And that was it.. Current CL $221,000 (plus my auto and RV loans)
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: DCU Visa approval

[ Edited ]

Congrats! Looks good to me. They show my FICO EQF at 645 and I got declined so you got the magic touch.  And please, chant my name as you shred Crapital One. 

Experian: 679 (32) | TransUnion: 695 (33) | Equifax: 694 (6)
Gardening as of: 5-30-2017
Updated 10-16-17
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP, it's a great CU IMO, my scores are higher than yours and I was approved with a $5k SL which has yearly gone to $10k, then $15k. I also have two car loans with DCU at 1.49% and 1.74% .

Best thing with that card is the ability to give yourself a short term "payday" loan with no up front fee or extra APR - I use it all the time on the road when I need cash. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would say DCU can be conservative and this is a great SL and a great limit in general for them.. 

Only thing id do different is let the Merrick double in the sock drawer.... then cancel it...

Have you tried for a CLI on the Cap One?  ... Just like the idea of both the merrick and Capone leaving with a CLI reporting on the report...(soft pulls only, of course)...  Ditch them after the increases if there are any... (as long as theres no fee/af due)

Think a congrats is in order....

DCU is big around where I live... Then again. they originally were the DEC Credit Union.... Yes their history is with the computer company.... (Digital Equipment Corp) which is no longer...  

Established Contributor

Super congratulations fltireguy on your DCU approval with a great SL!
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Congratulations on the nice approval!

In the wallet:
Amex PRG ~ Amex BCE ~ Discover ~ NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature ~ NFCU Platinum Visa ~ NFCU Line of Credit ~ Chase Amazon Prime Visa Signature ~ PenFed Cash Rewards Visa ~ PenFed Promise Visa ~ Fairwinds Credit Union Cash Rewards Visa ~ CapOne QS1 ~ Lowes Store Card

Closed on mortgage 8/9/17!! Woot!
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

pipeguy wrote:

Congrats OP, it's a great CU IMO, my scores are higher than yours and I was approved with a $5k SL which has yearly gone to $10k, then $15k. I also have two car loans with DCU at 1.49% and 1.74% .

Best thing with that card is the ability to give yourself a short term "payday" loan with no up front fee or extra APR - I use it all the time on the road when I need cash. 

Pipe: iv heard of doing this.. is this because the DCU has no fee CAs, or is it someway else?

Valued Contributor

joltdude wrote:

pipeguy wrote:

Pipe: iv heard of doing this.. is this because the DCU has no fee CAs, or is it someway else?

It's one of the "features" - you just transfer from your card to your checking account OR take a cash advance from an ATM (be careful on ATM fees, but they'll refund I think its up to $5 a month on ATM fees too). There is no limit transferring from the card to checking online, but ATM cash advances are limited to a daily limit - not sure exactly what it is, but I've taken $900 in cash on the road a couple of times with no problem. 

There is no grace period for paying interest, which is your regular card APR, but for a 5-7-10 day loan to yourself it's a great benefit IMO. Of course if you abuse this you can run your card up real fast if you don't think of it as a short term loan say less than 2 weeks tops, but as an option for quick cash - think antique shopping, flea markets, collectible auctions like coins, stamps, pens, etc where cash is king you can't beat it unless you want to carry $2-3 thousand in cash you may not need or use.

To be fair my CFCU card also offers this option, but the APR is higher than my DCU card - I've been known to spend a couple of grand on antiques/collectibles when I know I'm getting a great deal (a lot of times I resold quickly for a profit). 

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Congrats on your approval!!
They do use Fico4 scores, so may be a little different. That is a good SL from DCU

State Farm Rewards (3,000) ~ Marvel MC (5,000) ~ PenFed Power Cash (5,000) ~ PenFed Promise (6,000) ~ PenFed OLOC (500) ~ Discover ($1,000) ~ Citi DC (1,700) ~ NFCU cashRewards (6,200) ~ NFCU Platinum (1,700) ~ NFCU CLOC (15,000) ~ QuickSilver Visa (10,300) ~ DCU Visa (5,000) ~ Chase Freedom Unlimited (3,000) ~ Amex Hilton Honors (5,000) ~ Amex SPG Business (3,000) ~ Care Credit (12,000)
Current Scores (7/8/17): 673 Transunion, 616 Equifax, 651 Experian
Super Contributor

Great pickup fltireguySmiley Happy

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.