cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU pre-approval for Visa (and approval)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU pre-approval for Visa (and approval)

Wondering if anyone has taken them up on a pre-approved CC. HP or SP?

I know I can ask them, and I'd probably trust their answer more than other institutions. But I'd love hear first hand experience. Thanks.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: DCU pre-approval for Visa

From what I have read if dcu has an offer for u it's a soft pull.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was pretty sure I'd read that, and it would seem like it CU wise. But I was afraid maybe that's only if you've had a HP within X days. Decisions, decisions.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, we'll see. I accepted the offer this morning and got a one line response that I (of course) clicked away from before fully comprehending. It was something about I'll hear shortly. I'm trying to position myself to have a bit more low interest CL available for when my kitchen stuff comes off 0% in the spring. I'll likely be able to get it back onto 0%, but I want a bit more breathing room of under 10%/no BT Fees in case it's necessary. 

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, we'll see. I accepted the offer this morning and got a one line response that I (of course) clicked away from before fully comprehending. It was something about I'll hear shortly. I'm trying to position myself to have a bit more low interest CL available for when my kitchen stuff comes off 0% in the spring. I'll likely be able to get it back onto 0%, but I want a bit more breathing room of under 10%/no BT Fees in case it's necessary. 

Good luck!Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Evidently I was approved! I got no notification, I kept checking on my phone at work today but I was only looking at my inbox for messages. I logged into my account on my computer when I got home, and ...

Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 4.45.10 PM.png

Hope I got the best interest rate! 

ETA: I'll post back when I find out if they HP'd me or not. 

Message 6 of 15
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Congrats OP! I'm curious if it was a HP or SP so keep us updated.

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 7 of 15
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Congratulations!  Here's to a SP!

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DCU pre-approval for Visa (and approval)

When I opened for a checking account I got preapproval for a car loan. I decided to apply for their credit card and instantly approved! I think you got good chances of getting approved.

Message 9 of 15
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: DCU pre-approval for Visa (and approval)

Congrats! I hope one day the have an offer for mE. Definitely soft pull it solicited so amazing job!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.