Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER CLI

tag
NinComPoop
Contributor

DISCOVER CLI

I was approved for Discover More back in July with an opening CL of $4,000. I was fine with that limit and have read that it's a pretty good starting limit as Discover is conservative with their credit lines. A day or two after the statement cut they gave me an unsolicited CLI to $5,200. I'm really liking this card with the rotating cash back categories and shop discover. I know that there are different opinions on Discover here (as with all cards) but it's really working out for me.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Re: DISCOVER CLI

Very nice when a credit card company show their appreciation. Good increase!

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 2 of 12
7PM789
Frequent Contributor

I got mine in July and have been using it heavy and always pif but haven't gotten an auto cli yet.

How have you been using yours?
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - Amex Everyday - $5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL/35k P.O.T. - Discover It - $12k - Sam's Club M.C. - $10k -
Walmart M.C. - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $10k- Chase Freedom - $5k - Chase Marriott - $7.4k - U.S. Bank Cash + - $6k -
W.M. TU-781(Jan/15) Citi EQ-782(Dec/14) EX-782(Oct/14)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Message 3 of 12
NinComPoop
Contributor

Didn't start out too heavily in the beginning during the 5% gas category. But paid in full at that time. I have been doing a lot of holiday online shopping taking full advantage of the 5% stacking with shop discover. My balance is currently around 1400 currently that I'm paying down over time during the 0% introductory purchase promo.
Message 4 of 12
7PM789
Frequent Contributor

I've maxed out both %5 categories but I have never carried a balance (on any card). I do let my balances post though because I pay by check.

Hopefully I'll get one though, otherwise I guess I'm waiting until I hit 6 months to go that route.
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - Amex Everyday - $5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL/35k P.O.T. - Discover It - $12k - Sam's Club M.C. - $10k -
Walmart M.C. - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $10k- Chase Freedom - $5k - Chase Marriott - $7.4k - U.S. Bank Cash + - $6k -
W.M. TU-781(Jan/15) Citi EQ-782(Dec/14) EX-782(Oct/14)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Message 5 of 12
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

So Discover gave you an auto increase after one month? I've had my card for 3 months now and no auto increase yet. I guess it's YMMV kind of thing Smiley Sad Guess I'll wait til Feburary. I kind of only want an increase for increased UTL! Lol.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 6 of 12
Smug
Established Contributor

I had mine over a year never carried a bal, no increase yet.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 7 of 12
Jahmakan
Valued Member

Yeh, Discover's strange in that way.  I had my card for two years this past September, always paid in full and they finally gave me an automatic increase.  There seems to be no pattern to how they "give out" CLIs.  

Message 8 of 12
lithium78
Established Contributor

Discover is an excellent CC.  They were one of the first companies to take a chance on me as I emerged from rebuilding and it's paid off handsomely for them.  I use their card all the time, especially for ShopDiscover, and they've been very good to me.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 12
NinComPoop
Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

So Discover gave you an auto increase after one month? I've had my card for 3 months now and no auto increase yet. I guess it's YMMV kind of thing Smiley Sad Guess I'll wait til Feburary. I kind of only want an increase for increased UTL! Lol.

I've had the card since July.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.