Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Contributor
Posts: 105
Registered: ‎09-15-2012
0

DISCOVER FIRST CLI

Hey guys one quick question how long should I wait to ask for my first CLI. with my discover card I just got approve last week. And how should I use the card. To get a positive position with discover also... Does discover make hard pull for increases ????
Regular Contributor
Posts: 151
Registered: ‎11-04-2010
0

Re: DISCOVER FIRST CLI

[ Edited ]

You can ask after 6 months.

 

Depends on the hard pull. You can ask and you might get a CLI without a HP online or on the phone with the automated system. If you ask a CSR it will be a HP.

 

I got my first CLI and had to do a HP to get it from $750 to $1500 after 7 months. Next one was an auto CLI and APR reduction without asking to $2500 and just yesterday I asked online for another 1k and was approved for $500 without a HP. I could have done the HP to be considered for the rest but I just took the 500.

 

 

 

Contributor
Posts: 105
Registered: ‎09-15-2012
0

Re: DISCOVER FIRST CLI

Awsome Ill wait for the 6 months I don't care.... I always wanted a discover car and I will treat this card very very good Smiley Happy. Hey so how should I use this card to look good in discover eyes Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,607
Registered: ‎09-15-2012
0

Re: DISCOVER FIRST CLI

[ Edited ]

ezef3ar wrote:
Awsome Ill wait for the 6 months I don't care.... I always wanted a discover car and I will treat this card very very good Smiley Happy. Hey so how should I use this card to look good in discover eyes Smiley Happy

I can't speak specifically to Discover, since I don't have one, but I have strong beliefs about credit card "use" that I will share.

 

Use it however you want, but never spend just to use a card.  That is the first way to get into debt.  If you normally buy $200 in groceries a month, $100 in gas, and another few hundred in discretionary spending, just do that.  Put it on the card, PIF to avoid interest, and see what happens.  From reading this forum, and the experience of people around me, responsible credit card use leads to auto CLIs for many lenders.


In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $32,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Citi Forward (12/12) $14,600, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Thank You Premier (6/15) $6,800

Last App: June 27, 2015
Contributor
Posts: 105
Registered: ‎09-15-2012
0

Re: DISCOVER FIRST CLI

I'm gonna do that for sure I'm gonna use my credit card like my debit card And pay all the balance every month Smiley Happy
Contributor
Posts: 322
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: DISCOVER FIRST CLI


ezef3ar wrote:
Hey guys one quick question how long should I wait to ask for my first CLI. with my discover card I just got approve last week. And how should I use the card. To get a positive position with discover also... Does discover make hard pull for increases ????

Discover auto increases mine every 3 months Not sure why.  After 6 you can ask for one.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
New Member
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎12-04-2012
0

Re: DISCOVER FIRST CLI

I started off with a 3000.00 discover limit. Used it for all of my purchases but made sure the balance was under 30% before the STATEMENT closed. Then when the bill came I paid off in full same day it came out. Repeated for two more cylces and was given a 750.00 increase 24hours after I paid my 3rd bill. Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Established Contributor
Posts: 687
Registered: ‎03-15-2007
0

Re: DISCOVER FIRST CLI


SnackTrader wrote:

ezef3ar wrote:
Awsome Ill wait for the 6 months I don't care.... I always wanted a discover car and I will treat this card very very good Smiley Happy. Hey so how should I use this card to look good in discover eyes Smiley Happy

I can't speak specifically to Discover, since I don't have one, but I have strong beliefs about credit card "use" that I will share.

 

Use it however you want, but never spend just to use a card.  That is the first way to get into debt.  If you normally buy $200 in groceries a month, $100 in gas, and another few hundred in discretionary spending, just do that.  Put it on the card, PIF to avoid interest, and see what happens.  From reading this forum, and the experience of people around me, responsible credit card use leads to auto CLIs for many lenders.


This is excellent advice! Very much appreciated. Thank you for your wisdom.

Cory

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.