Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER IT approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DISCOVER IT approval

I need to chop my fingers off so I stop applying for cards haha. Thursday I got the Barclay Arrival Plus World Elite with starting limit of $12,500 and then Friday I applied for the CapOne Venture and was an instant $15,000 approval. So I read about these Discover CLI stories and hoped for an awesome approval. I got the 7 day message after I submitted and they required proof of address and social security so I uploaded those and a chat box appeared. The woman on the other end took a few minutes and approved me for measley $2100. That is the lowest credit line I currently have. She said I could call after 3 months and ask for an increase... disappointed, but I've got my foot in the door with Discover.

Now it's time to chop my old stepping stone cards.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DISCOVER IT approval

One thing about Discover ... they are good on CL increases!
Message 2 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats! Not every card will start out at 12 and 15k. Me, personally, i wouldnt call $2100 measely as thats actually a nice sl and for many of us and really nice sl. But heres the kicker, that 2100 could easily become 21k in a year all by sp , if you have the profile Discover likes. Check back here in a year and compare your limits, i wouldnt be surprised one bit if that measely 2100 is s monster begging for moreSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
garagebandking
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

They started me at only 1600...which was my lowest CL...after I had started receiving a string of 10-20k SLs...I was a bit butthurt.

But, like you said, your foot is in the door...just keep shooting for those SP CLIs.

Message 4 of 8
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

Well done! I'm sure it'll grow in no time.

Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the recent approvals.  I got my Disco card 4 months ago. They gave me $6k SL which was my lowest non store card at the time.  I've received 2 cli's so far for an additional $3k. Don't be discouraged, it will grow quickly. 

Message 6 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Typical for discover for people with established credit... They gave me 1k when my average limit is around 15k...High limit is 35k and many 20kish limits.. They are my lowest limit still at 3500, but they are slowly growing.  Only thing I can put my finger on for people getting good limits with discover is very few cards and very little credit and then you will see higher initial SL's..  It will grow in time, piatence is key I suppose, but still not thrilled with my limit either.  For a 10% first year card thought I can't complain then after the year is up if it isn't at least at 5k and they lower my apr I will cash out my double cash back and close.  If they lower my apr and raise my CL > 5k I will keep.  They love some people and other people well not so much.  No real rhyme or reason.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's Good News. Congratulations on your approval. Enjoy your new SL and use it wisely!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.