DISCOVER IT!!!

tag
NewBreed
New Contributor

Re: DISCOVER IT!!!

@Tommy5746 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats and straight to the garden Lol

Congrats! mind if i ask what your stats are? scores/fico UTIL and inqs?

Idk my current stats but i know my score is 634 with TU becuase i just got my welcome package from a diff card i applied for, i know i have well over 15 inqs on my CR becuase i went app happy for a couple years. Cars, credit cards and whatever, before i wasnt able to be approved now im able to get approved for apparantly anything i try for except AMEX... i util. about 10 to 30% each month, barley use cards... i mean on my Cap 1 with 500 CL.. i only use 10 dollars a month... on my other Cap 1 with 1.5K i average about 250 to 400 a month and i just got my chase freedom 2K so i plan on only using 200 to 300 bucks on it and for my new discover i havent recieved yet, thats a 1K CL i only plan on using like 100 to 200... my util is pretty low, i had trouble in the past but i cleared it all up and im on the road to recovery.... i couldnt provide you solid stats but i broke down util for you if that helps.

Cap One Cash Back UnSecured: 1.5K
Chase Freedom: 2k
Chase Slate: 2k
Discover IT: 1K.
AmEx Green: NPSL
Message 11 of 19
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

I was approved for the Discover It card recently too.  Opposed to the advertised interest rate, they countered with a higher interest rate and a 1K credit line.  Like you, I am not concerned about the interest rate considering I pay my balance in full each month.  

Also, I have set up 4 re-ocurring monthly bills on auto-pay w/ the Discover It card so that I will have monthly activity.  I hope after 6 months I will qualify for a higher limit.  

Lastly, I was also approved for the American Express Green card too.  

I got both cards with a 630 Equifax score.  

Message 12 of 19
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@JAY305 wrote:

I was approved for the Discover It card recently too.  Opposed to the advertised interest rate, they countered with a higher interest rate and a 1K credit line.  Like you, I am not concerned about the interest rate considering I pay my balance in full each month.  

Also, I have set up 4 re-ocurring monthly bills on auto-pay w/ the Discover It card so that I will have monthly activity.  I hope after 6 months I will qualify for a higher limit.  

Lastly, I was also approved for the American Express Green card too.  

I got both cards with a 630 Equifax score.  

Congrats on your approvals!  See ya in the garden!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 13 of 19
NewBreed
New Contributor

@ JAY... How did you get approved for Amex Green Card... They will not approve me for the light of day..... On charge cards is the a spending limit or line of credit??
Message 14 of 19
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

Indubitably, I was shocked to hear the representative welcome me to the American Express familiy.  I do have several bad accounts including a foreclosure.  However, they have all been paid or settled (excluding a second mortgage).  Notably, most of these accounts are nearing the 7 year mark and should start falling off latter this year.  

For my remaining open accounts in good standing, I have significantly reduced the account balances and try hard to PIF each month.  Also, I was added as an authorized user to several accounts with sizeable limits.  

Now that I have gotten the AMEX Green card, Discover IT and a LOC from Citi; I have slowly begun removing myself as an authorized user.  And too, I have voluntarily closed 2 Capital One accounts with $300 and $500 limits respectively.  In the past, I recall receiving decline letters which notated small credit limits as a factor.  

Lastly, I am certain that my current income had some influence on the decision to approve the AMEX app.  

Overall, I have taken a lot of actions over the past 2 years which appear to be positive.  My credit score has continued on an upward trajectory.  I am currently at 632 and I hope to get to around 700 by the end of the year.  For now, I am in a "gardening state" --no more new apps/inquiries (with the exception of the Discover It card which I would like to get to $2,500 to align with other credit lines).

Message 15 of 19
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

DH was approved for PRG with a foreclosure that happened in 2010 on his report.

He was denied Amex Blue though, listing the foreclosure as the reason.

Congrats on your movement in the forward direction and on your new cards JAY305!

Congrats to the OP on getting the Discover IT!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 16 of 19
rkinnahan
New Contributor

Congrats!

Chase Sapphire Preferred $12k | Chase Freedom $7k | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer $15k | Chase Hyatt Visa $11.8k | Chase Amazon Visa $3k | Citi TY Premier $8.5k | Amex SPG $13.5k | Amex HHonors $5k | Discover IT $9k | BofA Cash Rewards $6k | BofA BB Rewards $2.7k | Banana Republic Visa $3k
Message 17 of 19
hot4u
Established Contributor

Congrats//

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 18 of 19
NewBreed
New Contributor

JAY I have some nice cards underneath my belt... Cap 1 secured, Cap 1 cash back, Chase Freedom and Discover IT... My Fico is around 634 or 644 as far as I can remember. And I've had 3 baddies that go back about 3 years but i recently paid them off recently I've paid in full and also my cards I have I PIF each month as well, I'm not sure why I keep getting denied for AMEX green
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.