cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER it CHROME APPROVED! $7K SL!!

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DISCOVER it CHROME APPROVED! $7K SL!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to go bit OT but I just checked the preapprovals and it says that I am preapproved for both the Miles and regular It card.  Just finished up my first year with my existing It card, so if I were to apply for the It card and was approved, would I get the double cash back again?

@Anonymous Nope just one double IT. although can do a 3% MILES cards being 1.5% regular then match or the chrome for 4% on gas/good as doubled 2% after first year.  So the IT, Miles and Chrome are all considered different products and will do double cash back.  Although I despire Discover I have the miles and getting 3% back on non-cat spend currently as had the IT last year for double cash back

Message 11 of 21
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

Congratulations there! If you don't mind me asking when the pre-approvals were given to you were the APR rates set or a limited range?

OP said "set APR" so I assume they meant fixed not range.

yes, correct.  Set and Fixed same meaning. My set apr was 18.99% for all three cards, no range given, plus said the pre-approved wording, not recommend or suggust. 

Message 12 of 21
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@bigpoppa09 wrote:
So they let u add the limit from 1 card to the it card and close other card? This is interesting there haven't been a report on this in a while wonder if donor card has to be open for certain amount of time.

yes, thats correct. You can search for my thread on that in the CC section,  I just did that a few weeks ago.  You have to have a CLI available first one one of the cards. In my case, I wanted to move my limit from my Miles, to my IT. I didnt have a CLI available on my IT, but I did on my Miles, and I did NOT accept the CLI available online before I did the move. They ended up actually giving me the CLI in addition to my transfer,  plus my Miles was a $0 balance at the time. So, yes, they will allow it. 

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to go bit OT but I just checked the preapprovals and it says that I am preapproved for both the Miles and regular It card.  Just finished up my first year with my existing It card, so if I were to apply for the It card and was approved, would I get the double cash back again?

@Anonymous Nope just one double IT. although can do a 3% MILES cards being 1.5% regular then match or the chrome for 4% on gas/good as doubled 2% after first year.  So the IT, Miles and Chrome are all considered different products and will do double cash back.  Although I despire Discover I have the miles and getting 3% back on non-cat spend currently as had the IT last year for double cash back

Well that just isn’t right Smiley Mad  Thought that I had read a post here where someone got the 10% back on 2 cards.  Probably in a dream

Message 14 of 21
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well that just isn’t right Smiley Mad  Thought that I had read a post here where someone got the 10% back on 2 cards.  Probably in a dream

LOL!!! The nerve of these CCC putting restrictions like that on us! LOL Smiley Wink  This is my 3rd card with Discover now that Ive had...Im hoping since my SL was decent this time, my CL will grow a littel better, or not, we'll see lol. If not, at the end of the year Ill just transfer the limit over to my regular IT card again, and start over hahaSmiley Wink

Message 15 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Super grats PizzaSmiley Happy those preapprovals are only Golden Coral if you aren't an average joe who only wants to discover the Holy Secret of Disco luvSmiley Wink
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You didn’t dream it.....it was posted a few months ago. The poster had double cash back on his 2nd new IT card. 

Message 17 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Justagirl73 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You didn’t dream it.....it was posted a few months ago. The poster had double cash back on his 2nd new IT card. 

Was that a mistake on Discovers part being a fluke?  Doesn't make sense unless Discover is able to be "churned" in a weird way.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure @CC....but the poster called Discover and they told him he would get it. 🤷🏽‍♀️ So he apped and got it. 

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! How excited of a limit too Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.