Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day for approvals!

tag
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

Day for approvals!

HI all! So first off, I wouldnt have had the guts to go for a CLI on my DiscoverIt if it wasn't for these forums. Went from $6,500 to $10,500 which I'm happy about.

Then decided to go for it on my NFCU CashRewards, which I am currently at about 50% UTL.. I know I couldve gotten more, but I dont need it THAT badly. Got only $2,000 increase to $14,000 which helps me out. Then to top it off, sent a secure message to Nordstrom to convert my store card to a Visa Sig, which was at $4,500. They more than doubled my CL and approved me for $10,000! I'm ecstatic and now I have the opportunity to get more use out of it!

Pretty good day overall for me. Smiley Happy I'm so greatlful for everyone on MyFICO! 

EDIT: And i just approved from my first AMEX...a BCE with my highest CL yet, $15,300! I feel like I'm dreaming... haha

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Day for approvals!

Grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 16
nujerooz
Established Member

a good day indeed!

Congrats

I started this journey to get my credit/finances together in Jan 2015. It began with a fico of 490 - As of October 2015 @ 651

Capital One QS1 $300/$750 Capital One Platinum $500 Walmart Store Card $600 Dillard's Amex $1600>JCrew $400 Amazon Store Card $1800 TJX $400 BOA Secured $99/$500 Sams Club Master Card $1800
Barclays Apple Rewards $2000

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! How old is Nord? I heard you had to wait 7 months and if you have recent use on the card they can do a SP PC to Visa if you qualify...

Message 4 of 16
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

I've had my card for quite some time... About 8 years, lmao. My account went from a $2,000 CL to a $4,500 CL June 2014, now to the $10,000. I could've benefited much more, much sooner, had I been more credit conscious!
Message 5 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Very Successful Day!! for you!

Super effort on your part also raises the Discover limit. NiceSmiley Happy

Congrats!

Message 6 of 16
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone! 

Message 7 of 16
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats!!! Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 8 of 16
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 9 of 16
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

congrats on your success!!
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.